Virgin offering 20% discount on all iPhone models in one day sale

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2019
In a move possibly aimed at clearing inventory ahead of an expected next-generation iPhone launch, Virgin Mobile is offering a 20 percent discount on the iPhone 5 for just one day.

Virgin Mobile's 20 percent off promotion is good only for August 27, 2013. Prepaid customers can get a 16GB iPhone 5, regularly priced at $550, for $439. The 32GB model, normally priced at $650, sells for $519, and the typically $750 64GB model sells for $599.

Virgin is also offering the 8GB iPhone 4 for $280 and the 16GB iPhone 4S for $360. Visitors heading to Virgin's site for the promotion will find the devices listed at their normal prices, but the discounts will become visible upon adding them to a cart.

The next generation of iPhone will likely be introduced at a media event scheduled for September 10. That event is expected to mark the debut of a new low-cost iPhone model as well, one that may be better targeted at consumers using prepaid carriers such as Virgin.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

What a deal! It's as though Apple will stop making those models soon or something!

• Reply 2 of 7
    Can you use the phone on Verizon or ATT?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Can you use the phone on Verizon or ATT?

If I remember correctly, Virgin is Sprint, meaning it will be unlocked for AT&T and all other GSM bands, but unusable on Verizon (simply because they're idiots and refuse to redo anything).

• Reply 4 of 7
    justbobfjustbobf Posts: 261member
    I
    If I remember correctly, Virgin is Sprint, meaning it will be unlocked for AT&T and all other GSM bands, but unusable on Verizon (simply because they're idiots and refuse to redo anything).

I think only Virgin phones work on the Virgin network, and Virgin phones will not work on other networks.
  • Reply 5 of 7

Tell me, will it work this Iphone5 with AT & T at 100%, or all the same it is locked to AT & T or any other?

• Reply 6 of 7
    pembrokepembroke Posts: 230member

I wonder why Virgin don't sell the iPhone in the UK?

• Reply 7 of 7

Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

I think only Virgin phones work on the Virgin network, and Virgin phones will not work on other networks.

That makes zero sense, since Virgin piggybacks the Sprint network and all iPhones are GSM unlocked.