Power company replaced our meter with DTV dvr & iMac on

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Last Friday APS swapped out our meter without telling us, and not shutting off the house power. The DTV dvr  lost all its recorded programming, and then wouldn't record completely some of our programs. DTV upgraded our equipment yesterday. My concern with the  iMac (27 inch late 2012) is that Yahoo disappeared from the Bookmark Bar, the Monitor is flickering from time to time, and my mouse is acting a little flakey.  Arizona Public Supply finally contacted me today. They supervisor admitted that their tech was supposed to tell us that he would be shutting off the power, but didn't because our dogs were barking on our front deck. However he could have come though our garage, and knocked on the door, or called us.  The APS supervisor also stated that their tech was supposed to shut off the house circuit breakers which are located in the same cabinet as our electric meter. Which the tech didn't as I saw him put the meter in and walk away.  I wonder if I should request that APS replace my iMac as I feel that their incompetence caused this problem  as I don't want to have it die on me later down the road. Has anyone out there experienced this? How was your issue resolved? It appears to me when they put the new meter in, the house had a surge of electricity  causing our problems. Thank You.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Yep; definitely their fault and their problem. You might have to take it to Apple to get them to confirm the problem was caused by an unacceptable jolt in power, but it’s your power company’s fault.

• Reply 2 of 4

You should have them pay for and replace all of your stuff in your house or at least pay to have some one do a full AC and furnace check as well any other appliances

• Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB View Post

You should have them pay for and replace all of your stuff in your house or at least pay to have some one do a full AC and furnace check as well any other appliances

...unless you have a small shred of self respect.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

...unless you have a small shred of self respect.

They did not follow procedure and visibly damaged his possessions, for which they are now responsible. Why should he not have an assessment done on his other possessions, given that they could be equally damaged?