iOS 7 problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have an iPhone 4S. Just downloaded iOS 7 and now the keyboard is screwy. As you type no letters appear until after about 30 seconds.
Anyone know the fix?? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

Shut ‘er down, start ‘er back up again. See what that does.

• Reply 2 of 7
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfitzy View Post

I have an iPhone 4S. Just downloaded iOS 7 and now the keyboard is screwy. As you type no letters appear until after about 30 seconds.

Anyone know the fix?? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut ‘er down, start ‘er back up again. See what that does.

And if that doesn't work, did you Restore from a Backup? Could be some legacy bug code.

Could also be generally laggyness of the 4S running iOS 7. An extreme example, but I've seen such bugginess in iOS before. The iPad has an issue with switching between letters and numbers on the keyboard.
  • Reply 3 of 7

I had problems since Wednesday, did not know about anything of the new phone or os.  I rang Vodafone for help as my phone was turning it self on and off.  They told me to try updating the software from the hand set......my problems I was not to know where to get worse.  No joy!Then told its an itunes problem, reset via itunes....Then the phone seemed fine so I did not do anything further. Then late Friday the phone then began to show similar problems and now shows iTunes symbol.  So tried to update via iTunes......now Vodafone is telling me nothing we can do.  Its not our fault.  angry is understatement,  I have to go to store.  Awaiting proof of purchase told that could take 48 to 72 hours. what the?  Also angry Vodafone did have a duty of care to tell me the big picture issues...If they can not provide the service and honesty as a 3party vendor get out of the business.

• Reply 4 of 7

The only thing I've noticed so far is the in the App Store app, and how it doesn't remove updated apps from its list once they are done. Anybody else notice this quirk? Im sure it will be addressed in a update, but not sure if it is an actual purposeful feature or not.

• Reply 5 of 7
    Back up Back up. Update iTunes on computer. Connect your iPhone and put iPhones back to factory settings. Then restore you back up. Keyboard fixed..
  • Reply 6 of 7

ios7 review... 

"There's also a new Night Mode that automatically activates when you're driving in the dark. It presents a darker grey background rather than a bright white map, similar to many auto navigation systems. "

WELL WHY NOT FOR THE ENTIRE UI IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! .

EVER TRY TO USE AN IPAD WITH IOS7 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? ... GOOD LUCK!!! AND GOOD NIGHT!!!

• Reply 7 of 7
    Originally Posted by Randy Zeitman View Post

EVER TRY TO USE AN IPAD WITH IOS7 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?

What is automatic brightness?

I’ll take “Settings People Apparently Don’t Know Exist” for $600.