IPhone Battery Won't make it through afternoon with iOS7

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I never got great battery life in my iPhone 5 but after downloading iOS7 it was as if someone had sucked out half the power that the battery was supposed to have at the start.  I can barely make it through an afternoon of moderate use now.  I find I have to charge the thing about twice a day just to be able to use it after dinner.  Location is turned off as is almost anything else I can think of. So, is it me, my phone or iOS7?  No matter which one is judged to be the culprit, how do I fix it?  HELP!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

I can only offer you my experience...

I used an iPhone 4s for a few days with iOS7 and battery life was no different than iOS6... even with loc services and wifi and BT turned on all the time I noticed no difference.

I'm now using a 5s and with everything turned on, it easily lasts all day with what I consider moderate use... with most of the internet use being done over LTE.

I would say that if you're having to charge once or twice a day, then either something is wrong (probably hardware) or else your usage is WAY more than what sane people would consider "moderate" :) :).

• Reply 2 of 5
    If you haven't already done so, try a "Reset All Settings".
  • Reply 3 of 5

Sounds like a trip to the Apple store is in my near future.  Thanks

• Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

If you haven't already done so, try a "Reset All Settings".

I made a checklist after restoring my iPad with iOS 7 because my relative mentioned he got less battery life after updating to iOS 7 and restoring seems to help with it.

Turn off Background App Refreshes, Control Center in the lock screen (security issue fix), Bluetooth, Automatic App Downloads, Set manual push of emails, and erase some photos from photo stream, or disable photo streams in general. Also remember to set the lock orientation in control center so the gyroscope won't be on. A faster charge of a battery occurs when the device is in Airplane Mode

• Reply 5 of 5
    my battery life is become great as i upgrade to ios 7 as compared to 6