What's wrong with my Acrobat 5.0.5?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Whenever I try to start it, it says application has unexpectedly quit. I tried deleting the folder and reinstalling, but it's still doing the same thing? Does anyone have any ideas? Should i delete some other folders (any belonging to acrobat in library) as well and try reinstalling again?

thanks

-felipe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    just to see if any added info helps:

a few days ago I woke up my computer and saw that it was completely freaking out. The word document that was open couldn't be saved for some reason that didn't make any sense to me and i think some of the clicking didn't work. Anyway, I had to give it a hard restart (hold down power button). When i restarted, I found my mail.app empty and had to reimport all my old mail. Then a day later I realized I had to reset the cities for weatherpop. Then today the time keeps changing to 24hrs military time? What is wrong with my system? Do i need to reformat (again)?

-felipe
  • Reply 2 of 4
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    assuming you are in OS X:

go to your system preferences.

go to International

Rearrange the last two languages.

Restart.

Bizarre.

But it works.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wow that's unbelievably bizarre. Thank you very much tough. How did anyone ever figure out this was the solution?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by vaultingat:

<strong>wow that's unbelievably bizarre. Thank you very much tough. How did anyone ever figure out this was the solution?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The way I understand it, the problem has something to do with some corrupted preferences somewhere, and doing this forces the preferences to be rebuilt. As to how anyone figured that out, beats me.