Rovio's Angry Birds Go! racing game to hit iPhones, iPads on December 11

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Rovio announced on Tuesday that it will be making yet another addition to its wildly popular line of Angry Birds themed games, this time adding a cart racing game set to launch on iPhones, iPads, and other devices in mid-December.

The new entry in the Angry Birds franchise will see the eponymous birds and their porcine nemeses, the Bad Piggies, taking to go-carts in a game of downhill racing. As with other cart-based racing games, there will be power-ups aplenty and fast-paced action throughout.

The game adds a new dimension to the Angry Birds series, which has until now been solely two-dimensional. Racing in the 3D world of Angry Birds Go! will be a free-to-play experience. Users will have the option of upgrading their racing carts, although Rovio has not detailed whether that too will be free. The game will also be compatible with telepods, the scannable physical toys that debuted with Angry Birds Star Wars last year.

Angry Birds Go! will be released on December 11. The title will be available for iPhones, iPads, and iPods, as well as Android devices.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    Are getting paid by Rovio. You have to tell us. /s
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Mario Kart?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Yep, Mario Kart.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

"Free App out December" which means....FREEMIUM....Don't like the model at all.

• Reply 5 of 13
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    like others, i hate this type of ai advertisement.

but gotta wonder what new features of the hardware it will be taking advantage of.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Rovio is a really good game company. I've wanted Nintendo to make games for the iPad, but Rovio is starting to serve the same demographic, kid friendly but still fun for adults. And like Nintendo they're always doing things a little different than others. They always seem to diverge from the formula just enough.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    They scraped the bottom of the previous barrell so much that they have broken through to a barrell below it.
    This is just using a well known name to make another game sucessful.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Wow. Complain, complain, complain. I've played quite a few racing games and this looks really great in comparison. Looking forward to this. Also don't mind the "freemium" model. If you're patient and have even a little self-control, you don't have to pay anything extra and can still have a ton of fun!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    poksipoksi Posts: 482member

So long originality, invention and creativity, hello marketing crap.

Still, I understand them. Staff and investors have to be paid.

• Reply 10 of 13
    gotapple wrote: »
    Mario Kart?

Yes, I was wondering if Mario Kart was the first such game. I remember playing Mortal Kombat Kart, which was one of the additional games on either Deadly Alliance or Deception. I think it was Deception.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

This is just using a well known name to make another game successful.

And that is what any marketer would love...BRANDING....it sells more stuff.  Nothing wrong with that.  Go watch Shark Tank and watch the sharks jump all over something that can be branded.

• Reply 12 of 13
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member

Well Nintendo could have just ported their games over, but no they were stuck in their game/hardware business model. Rovio did if for them and will be making the money (somehow) verse Nintendo.

• Reply 13 of 13
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Well Nintendo could have just ported their games over, but no they were stuck in their game/hardware business model.

and the award for silliest comment goes to...