Smudges on the Mac Mini

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

How can I remove smudges on the Mac Mini in the front? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

A very slightly damp Mr. Clean sponge should do it.

• Reply 2 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Unless there's an added complication you haven't described (such as a rabid animal between you and the Mac Mini or perhaps a sniper whose line of sight you cross in the approach), I'd say give it a wipe with a damp cloth.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Where do you buy this item?

• Reply 4 of 11
    http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/buy-mr-clean.do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Clean

Original lyrics by Thomas Scott Cadden:

Mr. Clean gets rid of dirt and grime
    And grease in just a minute
    Mr. Clean will clean your whole house
    And everything that's in it
  • Reply 5 of 11

Why are you members such wise asses?

• Reply 6 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    marvfox wrote: »

How else would asses learn, were it not for wise ones?

You asked what seems like a trivial question e.g my shoelaces are undone, oh noes what do I do? An answer like 'duh, bend down and tie them' might seem condescending but it's the most obvious answer.

The Mac Mini has a solid metal front on it. If it has some dirt on it, isn't it obvious enough that to clean it would take just a wipe with something damp? Maybe even licking your thumb and rubbing it would be enough.

I guess there's some things to warn about like don't use wire wool and don't use liquids that can corrode metal but again, this is basic stuff.

Not that I particularly want to prolong this but how did you even get smudges on the Mac Mini? Are you moving it around a lot?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

I don't understand your question. Marvin replied with what to get, I replied with where to get it (zip code check)
  • Reply 8 of 11

I had an idiot who came to my house and without permission he picked up the Mac Mini and had his fingerprints all over it and this became smudges on it.

• Reply 9 of 11
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I had an idiot who came to my house and without permission he picked up the Mac Mini and had his fingerprints all over it and this became smudges on it.

Why did you let this idiot in?
  • Reply 10 of 11

Because I was an idiot myself to do this for no apparent reason to let him come to my house.Just trying to be friendly to people.

• Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Because I was an idiot myself to do this for no apparent reason to let him come to my house.Just trying to be friendly to people.

and now we have idiots and wise asses cavorting together in a forum.... hmmmm. this could end badly.

or well. 

only time will tell.