New Finder window closes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I have a folder inside of my documents folder that I use to store most of my documents. A while back I started to have a problem, in that when I double click on a subfolder within that folder, it changes the window to show the contents of the subfolder, and after a few seconds, that window closes. This problem doesn't exist for subfolders in any other folders on my Mac. Running disk utility to verify the disk shows nothing wrong, and permissions repair only finds a whole batch of iTunes items. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here and how to fix it?

I found that when I go to General in the Finder preferences and select “Always open folders in a new window.”, the problem doesn't occur for the new window that is created - it only happens when the new window replaces the old one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Maybe try creating another folder, move all the files into the new folder and see if the new folder does it. If it does, split the files in half between two new folders and see if both new folders do it.