Apple to stream today's iPad special event live online [u]

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
An Apple Special Event channel appeared on users' Apple TV set-top boxes on Tuesday as well as the company's website, indicating that the company plans to offer a live stream of the day's keynote, where it is expected to unveil new iPads and other products.

Event
The Apple Special Event channel is now available on Apple TV. Picture via Ben Dodson.


"Watch the special event held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, CA," the event listing reads, noting that the presentation will kick off at 10 a.m. Pacific.

Updated: Users can access the live feed by choosing the "Apple Events" channel on the Apple TV home screen. The stream is also available on a Mac via Apple's official Events website.

Apple has streamed other events in the past, but opted not to offer a live feed of September's iPhone unveiling.

AppleInsider will also be onhand at today's event, providing full, live coverage of the proceedings, including hands-on impressions and pictures with any devices made available. Expected to be unveiled are a new second-generation iPad mini with Retina display, a redesigned fifth-generation iPad, details on the release date for OS X Mavericks, and new Macs.
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 61
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

    I wonder if we'll get pre-orders for the iPad?  Also doesn't the Apple store usually go down the day of an event?

  • Reply 2 of 61
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

     

    I wonder if we'll get pre-orders for the iPad?  Also doesn't the Apple store usually go down the day of an event?


     

    Think they usually go down an hour or 2 before the start of an event in the event of new products/refreshes.

  • Reply 3 of 61
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    My hope today is we see a retina mini and something new/different with the smart covers. Touch id and 4K Cinema Display would be bonuses.
  • Reply 4 of 61
    Hope this option isn't region-specific. I am at work right now so cannot check if the channel is there on my Apple TV.

    Hope my Internet holds properly as well - this will be the first time I try to stream a live event!
  • Reply 5 of 61
    ecatsecats Posts: 272member

    .

  • Reply 6 of 61
    ecatsecats Posts: 272member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post



    Hope this option isn't region-specific. I am at work right now so cannot check if the channel is there on my Apple TV.



    Hope my Internet holds properly as well - this will be the first time I try to stream a live event!

    This event (like previous events) are not region specific, the "Apple Events" channel is now available. They also are cast with degradable quality, so if your connection is having trouble you'll be provided a suitable resolution stream.

  • Reply 7 of 61
    covering up the bad results
  • Reply 8 of 61
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    rogifan wrote: »
    My hope today is we see a retina mini and something new/different with the smart covers. Touch id and 4K Cinema Display would be bonuses.

    It's interesting that they not only are hosting this event in SF over their smaller center in Cupertino but are also live streaming it. I really want to believe it's because of a new product category.
  • Reply 9 of 61

    Sorry bad joke. But the apple cover riddle (we still have a lot to cover) keeps playing my mind. 

     

    For the rest I simply really am curious what they will present. I hope also the new and strongly improved version of final cut pro one speaker mentioned at the fpug meeting at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam. Also curious what the cost/specs of a new macpro will be. And if the pro world massively will order one and get it before 2014.

  • Reply 10 of 61
    I saw SURPRISED to watch an analyst actually praise Apple for 64-bit technology this morning.

    There has been so much negativity towards Apple's efforts that I wondered if anybody would ever be allowed tell the truth.

    Here is the link to the video... http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/wang-says-apple-leads-industry-on-64-bit-technology-HkunhmujQc2F8v2mWKIp0g.html?cmpid=yhoo
  • Reply 11 of 61
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 4,610member

    I just hope they stream it to other Apple devices as well. Its nice to see it live for those who aren't at their Apple TV, which I can assume is most people since they're at work. 

  • Reply 12 of 61

    Does anyone remember the last time they did a live stream? I'd like to think they're doing it because they'll be unveiling something really special but I can't remember if they did that or not last time they did a live stream.

  • Reply 13 of 61
    I am SOOOOOO down fer this baby !!!! WOOT WOOT \0/ !!!!!!!!
  • Reply 14 of 61
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member

    We'll know in a few hours…. But they spoke emphatically about their *desktop class* ARM chip last time. So I'm thinking we may see a compelling implementation of a type-pad / cover-stand, maybe on an 11.8" tablet running a new beefed up version of iWork for iOS. A new iLife suite for Mac and iOS might be previewed as well. The timing seems right.  And a new FCP to show off the power of the new Mac Pro. 

  • Reply 15 of 61
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    akqies wrote: »
    It's interesting that they not only are hosting this event in SF over their smaller center in Cupertino but are also live streaming it. I really want to believe it's because of a new product category.
    Last years event was live streamed, I don't expect a new product category this year. But a surprise would be nice. At least we don't know as much as we did with the iPhone event. Still not 100% certain about a retina mini or touch ID or what Mac products will be announced.
  • Reply 16 of 61
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    enzos wrote: »
    We'll know in a few hours…. But they spoke emphatically about their *desktop class* ARM chip last time. So I'm thinking we may see a compelling implementation of a type-pad / cover-stand, maybe on an 11.8" tablet running a new beefed up version of iWork for iOS. A new iLife suite for Mac and iOS might be previewed as well. The timing seems right.  And a new FCP to show off the power of the new Mac Pro. 
    How awesome would it be to have a new hardware product that didn't leak. :smokey: But my guess is the only surprise we might see is a new Cinema Display or something new with smart covers.
  • Reply 17 of 61
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    akqies wrote: »
    It's interesting that they not only are hosting this event in SF over their smaller center in Cupertino but are also live streaming it. I really want to believe it's because of a new product category.

    Anything is possible- but neither of those would be reasons. I was surprised that the iPhone event wasn't streamed- they almost always stream every event, and it has nothing to do with what it being released or the venue.
  • Reply 18 of 61
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Last years event was live streamed, I don't expect a new product category this year. But a surprise would be nice. At least we don't know as much as we did with the iPhone event. Still not 100% certain about a retina mini or touch ID or what Mac products will be announced.

    Great minds... ;)
  • Reply 19 of 61
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 4,610member

    It will be live streamed...

     

    http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2013/

     

    Its now on the front page

  • Reply 20 of 61
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Apple store is down.

    store.png
Sign In or Register to comment.