iWork for iOS & OS X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just want to get everybody's opinion on Apple's iWork suite of apps on both iOS & OS X. I've been considering buying them for a while now but really know nothing about them which is odd seeing as how I've been an Apple devote for 8 years now.

What features & things can I expect? What sorts of glitches & bugs can I expect? What do you like about them? What dislikes do you have about them?

The one I would most need would be Pages and then later on, Numbers.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The new (free) iWork package is worth exactly the price you pay for it. If I knew a way to delete it completely and use only iWork 9 ) or whatever came before the free pscksge) I would do it in a heartbeat. The previous version of both Pages & Numbers were so far superior to the free ones that there is no comparison.

As far as iOS7 is concerned, if I could revert to iOS6 I would also do that. I really do not care that the user interface is ugly. I only care that it works well and makes my life simpler and more intuitive. IOS7 is a massive step backward. It is difficult to see. It is not as intuitive. Many features (calendars and reminders in particular) are unstable and unpredictable.

No wonder all this is free. If we had to pay for it the backlash at Tim Cook and Jony Ive would be overwhelming.

And, just so you know that I'm not anti apple, I've used apple products exclusively since around 1986.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

The new (free) iWork package is worth exactly the price you pay for it. No wonder all this is free.

It’s not free.

If I knew a way to delete it completely and use only iWork 9 ) or whatever came before the free pscksge) I would do it in a heartbeat.

How hard is it to drag something to the Trash?

If we had to pay for it the backlash at Tim Cook and Jony Ive would be overwhelming.

Total falsehood.

And, just so you know that I'm not anti apple, I've used apple products exclusively since around 1986.

Shut up.

• Reply 3 of 5

Is there any way to use iwork free?

• Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephenTodd View Post

Is there any way to use iwork free?

Just download it ... I know it's a free download on iOS7 and OSX Mavericks ... not sure about older versions.

(There's also the web-based beta if you have an AppleID.)

• Reply 5 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member

Your post is not entirely accurate.  

http://betanews.com/2013/10/22/apple-announces-updated-iwork-and-ilife-apps-for-free-although-there-is-a-catch/

"If you’re an existing user, and running Mavericks or iOS 7, you’ll be able to update to the new versions. Not planning on buying new hardware and not an existing user? You’ll still need to pay to get them, I’m afraid."