imovie 2 file importing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
how come when I try to import a .jpg or another .mov into my imovie, the program doesn't allow me to? the files are visible, but they're 'greyed out'? I dont get it!

Also, what are some good shareware utilities to extract audio out of existing quicktime clips?

thanks for the help,

joe dangerous

[ 03-10-2003: Message edited by: joedangerous ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Which iMovie do you have?

I have a similar problem with iMovie 3.

But i can import 9 out of 10 .jpg files.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Which iMovie do you have?

I have a similar problem with iMovie 3.

But i can import most of .jpg

and .mov.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: dschango ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Try opening your jpg in Graphic Converter and then saving it again as a jpg. Bizarre I know but it works for me.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Sometimes, the thumbnail previews that iMovie makes get corrupted or something, and all that appears is a grey box. The JPG might actually have imported correctly. Have you tried making one part of your actual movie, inserting it into the timeline? Maybe you don't have as big a problem as you think.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: clonenode ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I'm using 2.1.2 on my beloved iMac DV. Actually, what I've found is that editing the images in iPhoto allows them to be "ungreyed" out in iMovie, and hence, imported. Weird, but at least I can get my dang images in. Now if only I could import other .Movs and rip their audio...

Is iMovie 3 worth updating to, or will I just see further slowdown on my 400MHz G3? I really dont feel like using DLing 80MB unless I have to ;-)

Joe Dangerous.