If I made a web-app, How should I tell people that is really an app?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I made a web-app, a real web-app.

I am tired of telling people what is a web-app, and what is the difference between app & web-app.

What am I gonna do? It is really an app.

This is what I made---link.

You tell me what do you think of this. :embarrass 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post

I made a web-app, a real web-app.

I am tired of telling people what is a web-app, and what is the difference between app & web-app.

What am I gonna do? It is really an app.

What difference does it make whether you call it an "app" or a "web app"?

• Reply 2 of 3

What is a Native App?

A native app is an app for a certain mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) They’re installed directly onto the device. Users typically acquire these apps through an online store or marketplace such as The App Store or Android Apps on Google Play.

Examples of native apps are Camera+ for iOS devices and KeePassDroid for Android devices.

What is a Mobile Web App?

When we talk about mobile web apps in this article, we’re referring to Internet-enabled apps that have specific functionality for mobile devices. They’re accessed through the mobile device’s web browser (i.e. on the iPhone, this is Safari by default) and they don’t need to be downloaded and installed on the device.

•  

Web app runs in safari, but it also can be add to IOS home screen as native app.

via http://sixrevisions.com/mobile/native-app-vs-mobile-web-app-comparison/

• Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post

What is a Native App?

A native app is an app for a certain mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) They’re installed directly onto the device. Users typically acquire these apps through an online store or marketplace such as The App Store or Android Apps on Google Play.

I mean, as long as your app performs well, why should people care whether your app is a web app or a native app? Most "native" apps don't really work without an internet connection anyway.