Airport Base Station Probs (with pic)

zozo
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey all,

a friend gave me his Base Station to reconfigure because he lost his password. I read that you have to use a pin or paperclip and press reset button, password defaults to 'public' and within 5 min I have to reset the password.

All fine and dandy, but I get the following error

I'm connected to it directly via ethernet cable (just normal, not crossover). Im on a 733MHz G4 Digital Audio (I think) running OSX Server 10.2.4

Knowledge Base turned no real help.

Could it be that the base station is simply knackered? it's display lights sometimes turn off, reset, etc. Its been steady green light for last half hour though.

And, its a first gen base station, graphite.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>hey all,

a friend gave me his Base Station to reconfigure because he lost his password. I read that you have to use a pin or paperclip and press reset button, password defaults to 'public' and within 5 min I have to reset the password.

All fine and dandy, but I get the following error

[edit] pic removed [/edit]

I'm connected to it directly via ethernet cable (just normal, not crossover). Im on a 733MHz G4 Digital Audio (I think) running OSX Server 10.2.4

Knowledge Base turned no real help.

Could it be that the base station is simply knackered? it's display lights sometimes turn off, reset, etc. Its been steady green light for last half hour though.

And, its a first gen base station, graphite.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I occasionally get this error with my Snow BS, so don't panic I don't think the BS is knackered!

Unfortunately, I've not really found an answer to it - although as far as I remember it only occurred when I was trying to configure wirelessly and stopped when I used the ethernet port instead. But this seems to be a bit random.

Sorry I can't give a clearer answer or fix - but as I say, I don't think it's actually broken so keep fiddling with it!

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited by: Saltire ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    doxxdoxx Posts: 41member
    I guess, the password "public" is for the newer (white) base stations. I just installed an extreme station at work. At home I use the first gen Base, after a reset it gets the ip 10.0.1.1 with no password. I don't think that u can connect to the older station via ethernet, it's just for the wan connection...