Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday seeded the latest OS X 10.9.1 beta build to developers, bringing minor changes to the upcoming maintenance update as it inches closer to public release.

Beta


Tuesday's beta, dubbed build 13B40, comes two weeks after Apple issued its last pre-release update, which brought fixes for Gmail, the OS X Mail app and Smart Folders.

According to reader Gregg, Apple asks developers to focus on the same areas for testing, including Mail, Safari, Graphics Drivers and VoiceOver.

Since OS X Mavericks launched in October, Apple has issued two updates to fix issues with Mail and iBooks for Mac. Unlike the usual maintenance update, these were separate standalone patches.

Developers can download the latest OS X 10.9.1 beta via Apple Developer Center or Software Update.
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 44

    Mavericks has been great for me so far. I'm having a hard time thinking of what they can add to make it better.

  • Reply 2 of 44
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    There are some system freezes still occurring with safari that urgently need addressing.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    I cannot share / export movies i created with Final Cut Pro x on the latest update. it just crashes
  • Reply 4 of 44
    I wish safari would save the state of open web pages when quitting. After launching safari it would be nice not to have to re-open all my favourite sites...
    Too bad that (from the best I can tell) Apple gave up listening to user feedback a few years ago now...
  • Reply 5 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aussiepaul View Post



    I wish safari would save the state of open web pages when quitting. After launching safari it would be nice not to have to re-open all my favourite sites...

    Too bad that (from the best I can tell) Apple gave up listening to user feedback a few years ago now...

     

    Uh, it has done this since 10.7. You must have turned it off yourself.

  • Reply 6 of 44
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member

    If you close the window, then quit, it will not come back to previous when opening. However, if you quit Safari without closing the window first, all webpages will reopen to what they were before you closed Safari. Makes sense to me. 

     

    If you want this work, don't close the window first, just quit first. 

  • Reply 7 of 44
    Well AirDrop on a Mac would be at the top of my list! I can't understand why this wasn't included in Mavericks from the start. Mac's (only Mac's built after 2010) can use AirDrop to move files to other Mac's and iOS devices can use Airdrop between iOS devices (only some of the latest devices), but as of now you cannot AirDrop between Mavericks and iOS devices.
  • Reply 8 of 44
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,118member
    I love how pretty much all the change notes are for an app I never use. (mail)
  • Reply 9 of 44
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    emoeller wrote: »
    ...but as of now you cannot AirDrop between Mavericks and iOS devices.

    I'm not sure that's ever going to be the case.
  • Reply 10 of 44
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    <div class="quote-container" data-huddler-embed="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686" data-huddler-embed-placeholder="false"><span>Quote:</span><div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>aussiepaul</strong> <a href="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686"><img src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="View Post"/></a>I wish safari would save the state of open web pages when quitting. After launching safari it would be nice not to have to re-open all my favourite sites...<br />
    Too bad that (from the best I can tell) Apple gave up listening to user feedback a few years ago now...</div>
    Safari prefs > General - Safari opens with: All windows from last session
    or Safari menu > History - Open all windows from last session
  • Reply 11 of 44
    chiachia Posts: 696member
    emoeller wrote: »
    Well AirDrop on a Mac would be at the top of my list! I can't understand why (only Mac's[sic] built after 2010) can use AirDrop to move files to other Mac's[sic]

    Actually most MacBooks and MacBook Pros from late 2008 together with iMacs from early 2009 onwards can use AirDrop as well.
    See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4783
  • Reply 12 of 44
    rcfarcfa Posts: 762member
    zaba wrote: »
    There are some system freezes still occurring with safari that urgently need addressing.

    Yup, my MacBook Air regularly freezes with heavy Safari use, usually once every day or two...
    ...the only thing that makes it bearable is that the system restores the state fairly well after a reboot. Still I worry about file system corruption, stray temp files, etc.
    There are other issues, like incompatibility with certain drivers, retained Mail.app web preview resources etc.
    So while Mavericks is perfectly usable, it still has plenty of stuff that needs fixing.
  • Reply 13 of 44
    rcfarcfa Posts: 762member
    chris_ca wrote: »
    <div class="quote-container" data-huddler-embed="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686" data-huddler-embed-placeholder="false"><span>Quote:</span><div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>aussiepaul</strong> <a href="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686"><img src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="View Post"/></a>I wish safari would save the state of open web pages when quitting. After launching safari it would be nice not to have to re-open all my favourite sites...<br />
    Too bad that (from the best I can tell) Apple gave up listening to user feedback a few years ago now...</div>
    Safari prefs > General - Safari opens with: All windows from last session
    or Safari menu > History - Open all windows from last session

    Problem: unless you log out or crash with Safari open and have Safari launch on login, it will remember windows and their position, but not the "space" they were in which is rather obnoxious.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    Ok thanks, I'll investigate my preferences...
    konqerror wrote: »
    Uh, it has done this since 10.7. You must have turned it off yourself.
  • Reply 15 of 44
    Thanks!!!
    chris_ca wrote: »
    <div class="quote-container" data-huddler-embed="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686" data-huddler-embed-placeholder="false"><span>Quote:</span><div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>aussiepaul</strong> <a href="/t/161027/apple-seeds-os-x-10-9-1-mavericks-beta-to-developers#post_2442686"><img src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" class="inlineimg" alt="View Post"/></a>I wish safari would save the state of open web pages when quitting. After launching safari it would be nice not to have to re-open all my favourite sites...<br />
    Too bad that (from the best I can tell) Apple gave up listening to user feedback a few years ago now...</div>
    Safari prefs > General - Safari opens with: All windows from last session
    or Safari menu > History - Open all windows from last session
  • Reply 16 of 44
    I have problems flicking between pages of apps in launch pad (gestures on Magic Mouse and trackpad). It only flicks about 20% at a time so requires 4-5 side swipes. :-/
  • Reply 17 of 44

    The only issue that I have had with Mavericks is with Safari.  There are times that it jet seemingly locks up and not fully load up the page.  What I have to do is refresh the page and then it comes up. Yes, this is a very minor annoyance, but it should be addressed. And no, this isn't a case of the user being impatient or slow internet connection, it just thinks it has finished loading the page but fails to render it correctly.

  • Reply 18 of 44
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

     

    Mavericks has been great for me so far. I'm having a hard time thinking of what they can add to make it better.


    A new file system is probably the biggest change they could make to it.  They might change the theme, I'm sure they are working on other enhancements that we see and some that are underneath.

  • Reply 19 of 44
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,383member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

     

    The only issue that I have had with Mavericks is with Safari.  There are times that it jet seemingly locks up and not fully load up the page.  What I have to do is refresh the page and then it comes up. Yes, this is a very minor annoyance, but it should be addressed. And no, this isn't a case of the user being impatient or slow internet connection, it just thinks it has finished loading the page but fails to render it correctly.


    I don't know how much is Java related.  I actually still get some Java errors every so often.  

  • Reply 20 of 44
    Safari 7 has been a disaster, so many bugs.
Sign In or Register to comment.