Mac Pro for Prosumers ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Do you think there are any chance for Apple to release a Mac Pro without the Pro Spec?

A Mac Pro shape with Core i7 Haswell and Geforce GFX instead of Xeon and Fire Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    comleycomley Posts: 139member
    Just paint The Mac mini Black
  • Reply 2 of 4
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    ksec wrote: »
    <p>Do you think there are any chance for Apple to release a Mac Pro without the Pro Spec?</p><p> </p><p>A Mac Pro shape with Core i7 Haswell and Geforce GFX instead of Xeon and Fire Pro.</p>

No
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Do you think there are any chance for Apple to release a Mac Pro without the Pro Spec?

A Mac Pro shape with Core i7 Haswell and Geforce GFX instead of Xeon and Fire Pro.

That was my dream before the official announcement of the Mac Pro specifications and possible configurations. It did not happen and I don't see it happening in the near future.

However, the new Mac Pro design could serve as a basis for a unified desktop line in some future time. But with today's mentality, Apple seeks a clear differentiation between desktop lines, starting from the level of design.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Yeah, it’s called the iMac.