Flagship Brisbane Apple Store reportedly revealed in leaked photos

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A number of leaked photos purportedly taken from within Apple's newest flagship Apple Store in Brisbane, Australia hit the web on Tuesday, showing the outlet's general layout ahead of its grand opening this Friday.

Brisbane
Source: The Reckoner

Apple's Brisbane store is finally set to open this week after over two years of setbacks, but until today the interior design of the location was widely unknown. Coincidentally, however, two sets of photos have been published showing the upcoming Apple Store in various states of preparation.

The first batch, which comes from The Reckoner, appears to be older and includes low-resolution shots of product signage, scaffolding and empty display tables. Another, more recent set, published by MacRumors shows display tables with chairs, MacBook displays and what looks to be accessory shelving.

Brisbane
Source: MacRumors

In both sets, massive columns within the MacArthur Chambers building are easily distinguishable and give the location a different feel than other Apple Stores, which are usually open and spacious. The interior design choices were likely governed by the historic nature of the building, which was erected in the 1930s and served as a base of operations for the allied forces' South West Pacific Area command led by U.S. General Douglas MacArthur.

Apple's Brisbane store was first discovered in a development application in 2011. After months without signs of progress, it was thought that Apple abandoned the site due to a bankruptcy filing from a major contractor attached to project.

Renewed architectural renderings and accompanying blueprints were filed with city officials in August of 2013. The new plans called for the removal of sidewalk features directly in front of the store's facade, as well as the relocation of trees to create symmetry with the front entrance.

The Brisbane Apple Store is set to open this Friday at 10 a.m. local time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Chairs, it's a fake
  • Reply 2 of 9
    dnd0psdnd0ps Posts: 253member
    Someone is getting fired
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Gorgeous space. Whether or not it%u2019s really the new Brisbane Apple Store, it%u2019s a place I%u2019d enjoy wandering around in.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    If you get excited about these leaked photos you seriously need to get out more. I'd say something if there was something remarkable about them like the NYC cube or the Ginza exterior.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

There is no comparison between this and NYC.NYC blows it away!

• Reply 6 of 9
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Chairs, it's a fake

I only see barstools.
    dnd0ps wrote: »
    Someone is getting fired

The pictures seem to have been taken from outside though.
    marvfox wrote: »
    There is no comparison between this and NYC.NYC blows it away!

A picture would help to make your point. Or describe why NYC is better.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    'marvfox' and 'ireland', why on earth are you making comparisons between this and the New York store? Brisbane is a city of 2 million people, the 3rd largest in Australia, New York is a city of over 8 million people, the largest in the USA. It seems pretty obvious Apple isn't going to invest the same amount of time, money and resources into this store. I think housing this store in the MacArthur Chambers is going to look fantastic, but comparing it to New York is completely pointless.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Google it and than you will see the difference.

• Reply 9 of 9
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    marvfox wrote: »
    Google it and than you will see the difference.

I found Brisbane here. Which NYC Store did you mean and I'll look at that one. Tnx