If not iTV, then what's next for the digitalhub?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, forgive me if this seems derivative from my other thread, but it calls for a different line of speculation...

What's left? What broadly embraced digital consumer device, other than the TV, can Apple write a spiffy little ap to incorporate it into the digital hub?

I can't think of one. (That's not to say i can't think of some gadgets in the near future.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I can think of a part of the digital hub that needs both hardware AND software.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    What about the telephone? Possibly an 802.11x phone with a really good sync with address book.

The next step could then be sync your address book with itools and thus make IP calls through the internet.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Instant Messaging.

It can incorporate Telephony features($$$ upgrade like Quicktime Pro) and everyone uses IM now for work and play. Apple needs to add it's typical flair to the genre. I mean neither of the Majors has come up with the perfect IM client. Also there needs to be more focus on interoperation between these clients. Currently MSOFT, AOL and Yahoo are too afraid to push IM forward by offering some degree of crosstalk between clients. Contrary to their beliefs this will not hurt their marketshare but expand it as they can still add proprietary features that only work with their clients while still being able to talk to competing IM clients. A win win proposition.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    iCam.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Steve did lump together Music and Photos as the weakest links in the digital hubs... whether he means that they were the last and therefore buggiest components in the hub or that they both need Apple-branded devices to go with them....