Following security controversy, Starbucks patches iOS app with new 'safeguards'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmileyDude View Post

That said, that's still no excuse for not using something besides storing the credentials in cleartext.  

That is the crux of this whole matter.  Apparently there are people at companies big and small who either are incapable of, or don't care about securing our information.  This won't change until there are laws to force a certain minimal level of protections.  I think we have reached the point in the development of software, computer systems and the Internet that anyone who does not take security seriously is negligent.

• Reply 22 of 25
    philboogie wrote: »
    That's...weird. On the desktop, if I turn off Java, I get this error:

On the iPhone, if I turn off Java, I get this error:

You could try to delete the history of this site:
    /Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data and wipe ai.com

Sometimes logging out and back in helps, though I prefer to simply blame Huddler for all unexpected HTML stuff over here. Huddler. Why do a proper job when we are so good at doing a rim job.

I think you're using Safari in your example; I'm using the iPhone app. I've tried your troubleshooting to no avail. I guess that there is a limit to how many thumbs-up one can give in a day, which seems pretty bizarre; why?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    philboogie wrote: »
    My, aren't you in a good mood this morning!

Cheers!

He he ... I have been in a pretty good mood for a while. Something to do with almost frosty days (anything below 40°F is frosty to me these days) , brilliant blue skies and sunshine ... oh and a new Mac pro ... :D
  • Reply 24 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    I think you're using Safari in your example; I'm using the iPhone app. I've tried your troubleshooting to no avail. I guess that there is a limit to how many thumbs-up one can give in a day, which seems pretty bizarre; why?

I've tried everything on my iPhone, but can't replicate your issue. You could of course turn to Huddler.com with the issue, but experiencing their expertise, or lack thereof, I don't think they'll be alb to understand the problem, let alone being able to fix it.

He he ... I have been in a pretty good mood for a while. Something to do with almost frosty days (anything below 40°F is frosty to me these days) , brilliant blue skies and sunshine ... oh and a new Mac pro ... :D

I think after getting rid of a MP and using a MBP for several years the arrival of a new MP will make anyone one warm and fuzzy. Blue skies or not.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

I've tried everything on my iPhone, but can't replicate your issue. You could of course turn to Huddler.com with the issue, but experiencing their expertise, or lack thereof, I don't think they'll be alb to understand the problem, let alone being able to fix it.

I think after getting rid of a MP and using a MBP for several years the arrival of a new MP will make anyone one warm and fuzzy. Blue skies or not.