HEY LOOK! DVD-R question?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I want to get a DVD-R, I see some Pioneer DVR-104 for sale at about 375.00$ . . .

are these usable with my DP-500 tower?

are they close to the "superdrive"?

they don't have teh extra letter after the name ex VR-104b . . . does this mean that they are not good for macs?

and what about DVD-R programs such as iDVD and or DVDpro...are these good with this kind of writer?

and the same questions with the Pioneer A04 . . . are these good for Macs? etc?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    owl boyowl boy Posts: 61member
    I know iDVD won't work, it only supports an internal superdrive. and DVD Studio pro should work. Dunno much else about it tho.

-Owl
  • Reply 2 of 4
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    iDVD is still young. So is iTunes, but Apple was pretty good about quickly adding support for other drives. I think iDVD will get this functionality too. Wait and see. Prices can should fall. (? though we never know when Steve might feel the need for a price hike)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Jesus Matsu, always quick to get a price increase jab in there aren't ya?

You should add it to your signature to save you the trouble of typing it in every post.

Oh, nevermind.

• Reply 4 of 4
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    iDVD should work with the drive if you install it internally. Just swap it for whatever you have now. I did this and wanted to use my DVD-RAM in a Firewire enclosure. Unfortunately, X does not support my previous internal drive as an external one. Hopefully 10.1.5 or 10.2 will correct this.