iPod R.I.P.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok i just got a 10 GB iPod for graduation. i charge it, load my contact and my music. it works great. i go to sleep with my sleep list on its fine. i wake up and its fine. after listening for a bit i turn it off to listen to my mom talk and etc. i try to turn it back on and nothing. i checked the hold button and still nothing. i even plugged into the wall, not even the charging symbol came up like when it was new and dead. i tried the omputer and mothing there either. i checked with headphones to see if the lcd had just gone bad but nothing there either. any help is apreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Seems you've tried some of the options, but try the others listed on Apple's <a href="http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/kbase.woa/23/wa/query?searchMode=Expert&type=id&val=KC.60942"; target="_blank">troubleshooting page</a>.

If all else fails, there's a link at the bottom of the page to arrange a repair.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The iPod is very flaky like this. Hold play and the menu button.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    dude!!!!! thanx you guys i love you. it at least made something come on the screen. low battery sign. which is weird. but oh well better than nothing. ill give it a good charge and post in a bit if it works then. i think it was a combo of the reset thing and leaving it unplugged for like 20 hours.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: myahmac ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    yep, it just froze. a simple reset is all thats needed. the first time it happens can make u panic, as it kinda freaked me out too. but its pretty easy to reset, so no biggie...