ipod & cell-phones?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i still don't get it.

at mwny steve told us:

-to buy a ipod for music and contacts (+harddrive)

-and to buy a sony/ericsson-device for communication and contacts.

did i get this right?

and does it make no sense for you guys/grrls too?

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: peve ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    makes perfect sense to me. what don't you understand?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    At the present time, there is no way apple could make profits on a cell phone, no matter how cool it is. The technology in the next generation of cell phones is really cool, but i doubt that apple thinks they could improve on the designs from sony/ericson/moto etc...

Sometime in the future however, i can see apple making a cell phone / pda hybrid of some sort. Probably in a couple years we'll see one.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    What cell phones will be compatible with Jaguar? Any phone that has bluetooth?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eric Reid:

<strong>What cell phones will be compatible with Jaguar? Any phone that has bluetooth?</strong><hr></blockquote>

AFAIK only the Sony Ericsson T68, T68i, T39 and R520 have the calender and contact info formats that allow sync via iSync and transfer of iCal data (plus SMS etc. functionality). But with the right settings you will still be able to use any phones primary function and connect your computer to a network via Bluetooth.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    I'm guessing any phone that lists SyncML compatibility, since Steve said that's the standard they're working off of. But you can keep up with the "official" Apple list at <a href="http://www.apple.com/isync"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/isync</A>; .
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    [quote]Originally posted by pesi:

<strong>makes perfect sense to me. what don't you understand?</strong><hr></blockquote>

...back from my trip...

i don't see the point in having my address book on a device that doesn't let me make a telephone call.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    [quote]Originally posted by MicrosoftOsXp:

[QB](...)Sometime in the future however, i can see apple making a cell phone / pda hybrid of some sort. Probably in a couple years we'll see one.<hr></blockquote>

that was my point.

the situation now is kinde of "not right".

for me the ipod is the wrong device for my address book (lack of communication) and a cellphone is the wrong device for my address book, too (to small display/lack of good ui).

but it looks like i'm the only one who thinks that way.