.Mac - 100 Free Color Kodak Prints

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
For those of you that are not aware of the free offer, you can get 100 Free Kodak Color prints. You have to sign up by Nov. 7th. I will take advantage of that and use all 100 for sure. I tried to find a previous topic about this but I was unable to so i thought I would inform everyone if you weren't already.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I posted about this when it first became available. Anyway, just wanted to mention here that iPhoto currently has a problem with filenames with double-byte characters. From Apple's email:

[quote] This issue may occur if the filename of one or more of the photos inyour album contained option or double-byte characters when it wasimported into iPhoto. Examples of these include Japanese or Chinesecharacters, trademarks (TM, Æ), bullets (·) and diacritical marks (é, ç,ñ, è, ü, î), and these characters ( ?, ", %, #, ') . A similar problemoccurs when the file name is greater than 18 characters in length. <hr></blockquote>

I recently had trouble using my free prints from my Jaguar upgrade because of this. After 6 days of processing they cancelled the order because 1 of my photos contained the # sign in its name. I corrected it and reordered, but I missed that another had an apostrophe in its name. 6 days later they cancelled again. Finally got it all straightened out but had to waste an hour or so on hold for the phone calls to make sure I still had my credits. Be sure your file names are correct when your order prints? especially free prints. Hopefully this bug will be corrected soon.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i just recently signed up for .Mac ($49, what the heck) but didn't see anything about those free prints. where do you get the credits for them?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    The info should be there when you go to the .mac site.

[ 10-09-2002: Message edited by: murk ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ha haha, no wonder i've never seen it, i've never bothered going to the .mac site.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I think this may be enough to make me get .mac for at least the first year. I just ordered a Ganon G3, so the "free" prints + web space is worth it alone.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I had to sign up for 1-click to get my free prints, and in doing so i was entitled to another 10 free prints, so i have 110 free prints to use.

iPhoto's credid indicator only has 2 deigits so, if you have 100 free prints it will read 10 until you select a print to order.