iSync beta, is it safe?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Any problems with the download or system problems after downloading?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by dygysy:

<strong>Any problems with the download or system problems after downloading?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have sync my ipod only, but so far no problems. Looks stable to me. Not the same for ichat though....
  • Reply 2 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    No problems as fas as safety, but I cannot get it to work with my Handspring Visor at all. Everything else functions as it should. And yes, the palm desktop is loaded and works perfectly. Anyone else having problems syncing with their palm device?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Moving to Digital Hub...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    It is not safe. After being patient for a week of use, I've ceased using it all together. I was fed up with To Do item and contact duplicates. It messed up my T68 phonebook too often.

Ecetera, ecetera...

Beta, schmeta!

Screed
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>Anyone else having problems syncing with their palm device?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No luck with my Kyocera Smartphone (Palm-based).
  • Reply 6 of 8
    It could be an iCal problem and not an iSync problem (since my contacts sync nearly flawlessly) but I've found it all but useless for syncing between iCal and my Palm's datebook.

Events are duplicated. Timed events are changed to all-day events. Deleted events mysteriously resurrect themselves, even after doing a hard reset of all devices and deleting iCal (and some iCal-related system files) and reinstalling it.

I don't know which app has the problem, but I know that Palm Desktop is syncing my calendar items just fine.

So I use iSync, but I have calendar syncing turned off for now. I'll wait for the iSync alpha and iCal 1.1 to be released before I even touch it again.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Doesn't even launch for me. Don't know why, don't care to troubleshoot...bleh.

Do I need an uninstaller to get rid of what it put all over my system?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I personally am very happy with iSync, especially considering the functionality is beta. I can already tell that it is moving in the right direction. I actually have every device possible showin in iSync: .Mac, iPod, Palm (Visor), and a T68 (bluetooth).

There are a couple things that aren't perfect yet, but at this point it's to be expected. I have seen some duplicate calendar entries, but I don't believe its fully the fault of the software, as they mainly come from having duplicate entries entered differently in the various devices. As it stands, I use iSync regularly...