Digital Video Camera Recommendations

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a new digital video camera and I would like some advice. I'm looking for:

-something small, lightweight

-1/4" CCD

-around 1.33 megapixels or more

-16/9 mode

-good battery life

-decent sized LCD

-remote control

-$700-1000

Thoughts?

D

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Go with Sony. I can't reccommend them enough. The logic of their controls and menus is great. Better than the one Canon I owned in the past. But for under $1000, I don't think you're going to find better than their newest little MiniDV model that does 1 mega pixel resolution. BUt that model (the number escapes me at the moment) does have a nice, big, 3" LCD view-screen. Very easy to use.

Good Luck!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    <a href="http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-6342639-8-20509631-1.html?tag=ld"; target="_blank">Cnet has a review</a>.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'd really like something that has the size and shape of a Canon Elura model. My beef with those are that the battery life is short and the lens makes a noise picked up by the mic.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Those tiny vertically-held palm camcorders don't really appeal to me.I tried them out when I bought my now two generations old TRV-17, and they just didn't feel right.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    hey eugene...i have a trv-17 too...love it, but need a digital camera now...thinking of sony or canon...either the 75 or 85 sony or the g2 or g3 canon....since we only take snapshots of the kids and pets and such,,,leaning toward the dsc-75 as it is cheapest....any thoughts?? what are you using now for digital stills....g
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I have the TRV25 and I absolutely love it. (It is by Sony of course) I got it like 3 months ago from dbuys.com. And I am sure it is much less now. (Just checked and it is 664.00... about 100 less than when I got it) And the 27 witht he huge LCD is just a bit more....