Limitations of iApps

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Please explain to me how to export Address Book contacts as separate .vcf files instead of single file.

Also, how come, if I export an Address Book contact as a .vcf file, then import it into Entourage, I've lost all email addresses and mailing addresses? It works from Entourage to Address Book; why not the other way around?

In iCal, how do I export all of my calendars as vCal files without doing them all one at a time (and selecting the proper path in the dialog, entering the name, etc.)? There's got to be a way. Apple couldn't have made it this damn difficult!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Actually it is very simple...for your first one anyone...try dragging each contact to the finder one by one...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jared:

<strong>Actually it is very simple...for your first one anyone...try dragging each contact to the finder one by one...</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's unacceptable. (not mad at you, but at the situation)

tonton, I'm with you. I've run into several frustrations lately with the iApps and I'm not sure if it's the Addressbook/iCal's fault or outlook, but I'm leaning towards the iApps being limited. :/
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    They are free, what do you expect. If you want more features pay 499 for Microsoft Office.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    It does suck, but I think there are Applescripts available at Apple's site and at Versiontracker that can automate that laborious process. Check around.