The best cell phone PDA combo

thttht
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm waiting for an Apple iPod cell phone just like the next person, but since it can't even be classified as a rumor, I'm left to lessor devices. So, what do you think of the following:

Samsung SPH-i500

3.4 x 2.1 x .85 inches

Weight: 4.5 ounces

Processor: 66 MHz Dragonball

Telecom: Integrated, tri-mode

Battery Type: Removable Lithium Ion

Display: Color screen

PalmOS phone. There will also be a MS Smartphone version.

Sendo Z100

This is tri-band GSM phone, with T-Mobile offering late this year or early next. I think. It's WinCE device however. But I like this form factor.

There is also the Samsung SPH-i330, an evolved version of the i300. Any other cool looking ones?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    I wonder if Kyocera is going to come out with an update to their SmartPhone. I have one and it's great, though bulky and with a grayscale screen..

-robo
  • Reply 2 of 7
    It's not out yet, but I still have my eye on the <a href="http://www.sonyericsson.com/cebit/p800.htm"; target="_blank">SonyEricsson P800.</a> Bluetooth and the possibility of it being the apple of Apple's eye do it for me.

Surf anywhere from my iBook with a P800 and Bluetooth? We'll see.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    [quote]Originally posted by robo:

<strong>I wonder if Kyocera is going to come out with an update to their SmartPhone. I have one and it's great, though bulky and with a grayscale screen..

-robo</strong><hr></blockquote>

Kyocera should come out with the <a href="http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/showroom/showcase/coming_soon_7135.htm"; target="_blank">Kyocera 7135 Smartphone</a>

You can also find more info on it at <a href="http://www.smartphonesource.com"; target="_blank">smartphonesource</a>

The 7135 should be available before 2003. Many speculate it to arrive Nov 1. It is slated to be released by Verizon first and then possibly Sprint later.

It is slightly larger than the Samsung I-500, but it has an SD expansion slot and has a built-in MP3 player. Palm OS 4.1, 33Mhz Dragonball Procesor, 160x160 color screen, external caller ID (like beeper), uses traditional phone dial/graffiti rather than thumb board (IMHO the better option). I've been waiting for this phone for a long time. Can't wait until it is released

- trowa

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: trowa ]

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: trowa ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    P800 all the way.

No doubt.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    If the Sidekick had bluetooth , it would win hands down. now if only it would come in color screen too.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    The Kyocera 7135 and Samsung i500 are very similar in form factor...

Kyocera 7135

Samsung i500

I have a bias for the Samsung, so I'll tend to like the Samsung better. It's smaller by quite a bit. Hopefully the screens are top notch.

I would really like a PDA phone with a good operation system. Something other then WinCE, PalmOS or Symbian. I wonder if Apple could make an iPOD flip phone, the face of the iPOD flips open to reveal keypad and screen. Hmm...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Personally, I'm more interested in a Blackberry or T-Mobile Sidekick type device. Anyone have any info or advice in regards to these or similar devices? How is Mac compatibility? How much are monthly plans and what do the cover?

Thanks, cheers.