mail problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
When I use mail to send email to hotmail users, they see a doubble image of the attachment I send.

I know this problem arise in OS 10.1, but how come the new improved mail app in Jaguar still have such problems??

Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by stunned:

<strong>When I use mail to send email to hotmail users, they see a doubble image of the attachment I send.

I know this problem arise in OS 10.1, but how come the new improved mail app in Jaguar still have such problems??

Does anyone have a solution?</strong><hr></blockquote>

They're not actually seeing double of the attachment, they see the resource fork part of it. It's annoying anyway... What you could do is strip the resource fork of the things you're sending by using the terminal to make a copy of it. cp [filename] [newfilename] will create a copy sans resource fork. A big pain in the ass, so I usually don't bother.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

They're not actually seeing double of the attachment, they see the resource fork part of it. It's annoying anyway... What you could do is strip the resource fork of the things you're sending by using the terminal to make a copy of it. cp [filename] [newfilename] will create a copy sans resource fork. A big pain in the ass, so I usually don't bother.</strong><hr></blockquote>

tat troublesome eh...

guess i will let those hotmailer users see double then.

But jokes aside, I do hope Apple fixes this problem. Can U inagine the hotmailer user face if i send him 10 attachments!!