IOS 7.1 and Bluetooth on iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2014

At this point, it has been well-reported that Bluetooth is turned on upon following the software update to iOS 7.1. This doesn't really bother me as it is sort of a confirmation that that Bluetooth is operational and turning off Bluetooth the one time isn't a big deal.

What concerns me is that days after the update, I find Bluetooth turned on again, without me doing anything. It turns on while I'm asleep. Not good. I don't use Bluetooth very often.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Lisa

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by muserella View Post

Has anyone else experienced this?

Everyone has. Apple has forcibly turned on Bluetooth for every iOS 7.x.x update. 

No clue why. 

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Everyone has. Apple has forcibly turned on Bluetooth for every iOS 7.x.x update. 

No clue why. 

Yes, but is everyone having their Bluetooth turn on regularly and often or just one time right after the update?

• Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by muserella View Post

Yes, but is everyone having their Bluetooth turn on regularly and often or just one time right after the update?

Only after updating.

• Reply 4 of 4
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    muserella wrote: »
    It could well be related to their promotion of iBeacon's. Apple even changed the behaviour of iBeacon-enabled apps with 7.1 to increase engagement, but if a device owner has Bluetooth off the change still won't be effective. Bluetooth LE being enabled is essential if retailers and other venues are to see the best results, which of course encourages even greater use of them. Just a guess.

Edit: Doing a web search I notice I'm not the only one making that same guess.