Got my T68i!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay so for most of you it's not a big deal. But I really like it, I spent all last night just setting everything up on it... man, there's a lot of stuff to set up. I haven't used iSync yet but I sent my OS X Address Book to the phone via BT anyway. Sweet. I also got the T68i Dialer and the Ericsson Client apps, which both work well.

I also got a BT handsfree headset, and I leaned something interesting... the phone allows you to make voice-activated calls from the headset, BUT simply pressing the talk/answer button on the headset won't activate Bluetooth on the phone if it's in automatic mode. So I have to turn Bluetooth ON rather than leave it in auto mode in order to make voice-dial calls from the headset. The upside is that it works very well. I can make a call without ever touching the phone.

I've got AT&T, and I'm in the Los Angeles area and I've been getting good reception so far. It's not very good in the building where I work, but nobody has good reception in here.

All in all I'm very pleased. I'm still trying to get used to the phone and all the controls and features, but so far I haven't had any problems getting it do to what I want. Bluetooth is super cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm one really positive review away from buying a T68i....
  • Reply 2 of 6
    My mum has one and I swap the sim card out with my one and just love using the phone. Its fantastic. Every feature of it is so cool. Better than most phones on the market.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I'm very close to buying one, and I've been a die-hard Nokia user for years!

Amorya
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I have had my T68i for nearly two months and I have to say it is the best phone out there. For $25 from amazon.com after rebates, this phone just kicks @$$. The bluetooth features are incredible, the customizable features are great as well. I especially enjoy being able to give people their own ringtone and their own picture(for my girlfriend who is a Lord of the Rings fan, when she calls me it plays the theme song and shows her picture on the screen.) The screen is great, the signal strenght is awesome, the battery life is great and it has SO many features...there I said my part...lol.

That was for those of you who are on the brink of getting the phone
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Expert reviews on most phone sites compare the T68i to other phones and find that the RF (reception, signal quality) to be horrible compared to even basic phones that most places give away for free, or you get money back for after rebates. In the phone community, the T68i is a phone that is regarded as a promising phone with a crappy implementation.

Despite this, I do kind of want to try one. It's too bad there's no T-Mobile in my area, and AT&T sucks (pay more, get less.. especially with mMode, sheesh), and they don't unlock their phones for you either.

I really should wait for the next successor, with better styling, a 4,096 color screen (256 sucks next to a real color screen!), less RF issues, less quality issues, polyphonic ringtones (I really want this, too), and so on.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    I've had the phone since last May and think it is definately up there witht the best. havent seen another phone yet that i would want in its place. If you can wait a while though i'd look into the P800. I change my phone in 5 months time - hope something nice is out then

(Oh just got my bluetooth adapter a short while ago - the phone then got even better!!)