USB hub recommendations?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'd hope that buying a basic USB hub would be a simple matter, but for me it hasn't been. I went through four different models before settling on a fairly basic 4-port Belkin model, rectangular in shape and made of smoky translucent plastic.

Before getting this particular Belkin, I'd often find my mouse, keyboard, or printer wouldn't work unless I did some unplugging/replugging to get things started again, or I'd get low-power warnings that didn't make sense when using a self-powered hub.

I'd like to get another hub for another Mac, and can't find the one model that made me happy. There's a $30 Belkin model that gave me grief before and a $50 that looks very different from the one that's now working well for me.

I'd think a $30 powered hub should be quite adequate -- but I'm gunshy after having so many problems before. $50 seems like too much for such a simple device, and even at that price I don't for certain whether it would be reliable or not.

Anyone else experience this kind of grief from USB hubs? If so, what have you found that works well for you?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I have a Belkin Powered Pocket Hub and haven't had any problems. I dasiy chain (<-- right term??) it to an unpowered one. Each one of them is full. The unpowered hub is a Targue something-or-other. Each one of them works flawlessly. I'd recommed either of them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Targus ultra mini usb 4 port hub.

<a href="http://www.targus.com"; target="_blank">www.targus.com</a>

Accesoires/connectivity

It's a bus powered hub wich works flawlessly with my powerbook.

Cheers