What is Tropicana?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I spotted this line in the product description of iLife in the Apple Store: "And the iTunes library can be instantly accessed from any Tropicana application."

What's Tropicana?

(And whatever happened to the Rendezvous functionality they demonstrated at MWNY2002?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Was gonna say orange juice, until i read your post...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Osakans:

<strong>(And whatever happened to the Rendezvous functionality they demonstrated at MWNY2002?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".
  • Reply 3 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I think that's going to be another "suite" like iLife. Safari --&gt; Tropicana.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    I wonder if "Tropicana" is the iLife project name, and the copy editor forgot to change it before publishing?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch:

<strong>

As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".</strong><hr></blockquote>

Aww man.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Is it possible that Tropicana is a code-name for an Apple OS for consumer electronic devices?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    rumor is that jobs was just thirsty and he drinks oranges since he is in california...imported from florida though
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch:

<strong>

As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, he said in an iTunes update - he never mentioned a version number.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by scottiB:

<strong>I wonder if "Tropicana" is the iLife project name, and the copy editor forgot to change it before publishing?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It looks like it. The text is now:

"And the iTunes library can be instantly accessed from any iLife application."