Create playlists from ipod (feature idea)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Had a great idea for the ipod. how often have you been away from your computer and wanted to throw together a quick playlist of some songs? to me, it kind of gets annoying to have to set up the list on the computer, then synch it. i know naming would be an issue, but with the scroll&click interface of the ipod, certainly making the list would be simple enough. What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I posted a very similar idea a few months back. Yeah, I agree, it is annoying to have to create playlists and sync. I don't carry my mac everywhere, but I never leave home without my iPod, and it would be awesome to create playlists on the fly.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    damn, and here i thought i was original
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yeah, simply click "Creat List" mode or something then scroll through and select songs, it adds them to a list and lets you name it through a list of letters, like in video games.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    How about a "Live Playlist" or "Que" mode. Even while a song is playing, there should be a way to go into this mode so that you can go through your song list and select a bunch of songs that will play next, one after another.

It should be simple to add this option to the Settings Menu. Turn it "On" and you're free to scroll through your song list, picking and choosing songs at random, without disrupting the currently playing song. When you're done, go back to the Settings Menu and select "Engage" or something and the group of songs you just selected will play.

The next time you sync your iPod with iTunes, this list will be remembered and you will be prompted to give it a name so that it can be added to your Playlists.

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: clonenode ]</p>