Cell phone with Palm OS AND Bluetooth???

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Perhaps this will be the next i-device, but, does anyone know of a phone that has both palm functionality AND bluetooth???

It seems to me that the cool ericson phone that everyone keeps mentioning (t68i???) has the bluetooth but not the palm. On the other hand, there are a few phones that have palm (Samsung,Treo) but don't seem to support bluetooth.

Am I missing something, or can't both things exist in a device simultaneously????

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    All of the Handspring Treo communicators have a SDIO slot which will accept the Palm bluetooth card. As far as I know, there aren't any with bluetooth built in.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    i'm pretty sure that you can put in a bluetooth "card" or whatever into the Palm M515. They had some such bundle, as i recall, at the mac store a few months ago (i.e. M515 bundled with the bluetooth adapter and the bluetooth USB dongle). Don't remember the price, but it was like $550 or something.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    darn. sorry 'bout that. thought you were asking about a palm w/bluetooth functionality; not a phone with both.

can't help you there.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    P800 runs Symbian, has Bluetooth.

Treos run Palm OS, no Bluetooth, but you can use the SDIO add-on card from Palm. The Treo 180 and 270 models are GSM/GPRS-capable, as well.

I thought I remembered seeing a leak of the Palm Tungsten | W a month or two back. It was a Treo-like affair, without the flip, with a better keyboard and design, Bluetooth built-in, and a neat light-up antenna for the GSM service. $699, I thought.

But in general, Palm is overrated IMHO. I wish Apple would come out with an OS X Express version.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    It's not a Palm, but the SE P800 can run Java apps, and comes with 16MB of RAM, has better handwriting recognition and will at some point integrate well with the iApps.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    Kyocera just released their new PALM phone, <a href="http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7100_phone/7100_phone_series.htm"; target="_blank">Kyocera 7135</a>

Unfortunately it was released about 6 months too late. It runs Palm OS 4, but has built in MP3 player, nice color screen, and SD/MMC for storage and possibly Bluetooth adapter (not sure if they make one). It is a CDMA phone and will run on Verizon and possibly Sprint as well.

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: trowa ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 7
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    <a href="http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/pda/"; target="_blank">Here</a> is a nice one but it runs Pocket Windows.