View Quick Time Movie in Digital Video Camera through Firewire

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi, how are you guys doing? My friend just came up with a question saying that if we can view the Quick Time movie in Digital Video Camera, such as, miniDV cam by using firewire? I don't see any set up in the control panel, either. But Mac Help tells us that we can view things through or using Firewire cable. If anyone knows these things, let me know. If it can be done, my friend would be able to save money by not buying monitor or display card for new monitor. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Well you can export to a dv camera with iMovie. I have a couple of archive tapes I put short clips on that I don't want to get rid of but I don't want wasting hd space. Just import it into iMovie then use iMovies export to camera feature.

Hope this was helpful.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks, Elric! I see how you use to export the clip to any other external devices. I use Final Cut Pro for that way. So, do you think there is no way to just export and view in miniDV camera, which eventually makes us able to watch at normal TV? Otherwise, we have to get another PCI display card for normal TV or s-VHS output, huh? What do you think? However, thanks for your reply!