USB flash drive

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm looking to get one of those USB flash drives that fits on a keyring. I don't need much space - 64Mb would be plenty.

Anyone know where is the best place to get one in the UK, and is there much difference between the different brands?

Thanks for your help,

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Surely someone must have some advice?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    Haven't got one myself but my friend tells me that there is some issue with them working slowly on macs if PC formatted and with being recognised on PCs if mac. I'd do a bit of checking - mind you I suppose that's why you posted here.

I usually find MacWarehouse is about as good as you'll get on price.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Have a wander up Tottenham Court Road, I'll guarantee that at least one of the four branches of <a href="http://www.microanvika.co.uk"; target="_blank">Micro Anvika</a> will have something suitable, if not one of the other myriad of funny little computer hardware shops that are always very receptive to a bit of creative haggling...

[ 02-15-2003: Message edited by: Overhope ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Overhope:

<strong>Have a wander up Tottenham Court Road, I'll guarantee that at least one of the four branches of <a href="http://www.microanvika.co.uk"; target="_blank">Micro Anvika</a> will have something suitable, if not one of the other myriad of funny little computer hardware shops that are always very receptive to a bit of creative haggling...

[ 02-15-2003: Message edited by: Overhope ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Overhope - that's exactly what I did, and after half an hour of asking round, the cheapest place was - Micro Anvika! Well, I could have got a generic one for cheaper, but for £55, I bought a USB 2 (not necessary, but it was the only flavour they had) 64Mb Sony Microvault. I have far more faith in it than the other ones, and it looks good on my keyring as well.

As a side point, it includes security software for windows. Anyone know if I can use a password on the drive with my Mac and any PC i care to use? Will the supplied software work if I set it up on a PC?

David