How to make mini DVDs? (Not VCDS)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
As I understand it "mini DVDs" are CDs that have been burnt to read like DVDs and can hold only about 10 minutes of video in mpeg-2.

Is there a way to do this with iDVD or does one have to use toast or something else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    as far as i know, iDVD is not able to give you a VIDEO/AUDIO_TS file you do need for burning a dvd with toast.

also, iDVD does only work with a superdrive with a dvd in it - some folks posted a workaround: starting idvd with a dvd in the superdrive, but while idvd is calculating your project, you force the superdrive to eject the dvd and place a cd instead. (don't know if works, never did on my own)

other way 'round: you mux your project with ffmpg to get you muxed files; then you use SIZZLE (look at versiontracker) -thats for producing your ._TS files; then burn these files with toast.......

--------

[quote]Originally posted by Nordstrodamus:

<strong>As I understand it "mini DVDs" are CDs that have been burnt to read like DVDs and can hold only about 10 minutes of video in mpeg-2.

Is there a way to do this with iDVD or does one have to use toast or something else?</strong><hr></blockquote>