boards die already? and change the color back!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
sure slowed down!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Must be your really slow internet connection beefy_guy. I'm going fine on the boards.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Yeah me too. These new boards are teh win!

I gotta add, at least they aren't beige, that would be a horrible punishment for a MAC-concerning board
  • Reply 3 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    For about 5 seconds it seemed slow to me but now it's back to being speedy.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    alright Fran..I'm gonna go to <a href="http://www.macmonkey.com"; target="_blank">www.macmonkey.com</a> and invite them over here JUST cause you think I'm beefyguy.

So it'll be Fran's fault!
  • Reply 5 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Dude, I believe you. I posted it before you said you weren't beefy_guy.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    A. Brad have you been spending too much time at Ars?

B. Fran give your keyboard a rest and let us guys catch up to your post count. I need to take a shower.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Boards are working fine for me. And I haven't been seeing the color craziness either.

- Pook
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Actually, now some of my links are a wacky cherry color. Fruity!

- Pook
  • Reply 9 of 16
    colors are finished changing.

speed = well, 15,000+ page views in less than a day. yeah, we're hitting the server HARD...

y'all are nuts!
  • Reply 10 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    just wondering. you said the server was idling at something like 97% before AI came back.

What was it yesterday and what is it today?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    the initial wave took us to about 60% usage, i believe... UBB was choking, that was the bottleneck at that point... now we're back down to 5-10% usage, for both AI and MacNN forums.

not bad at all. I think, come expo time, it may slow down a bit, but not ever die completely.. We also may turn up flood contol during those times to force y'all into the chat room for real-time conversations.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>the initial wave took us to about 60% usage, i believe... UBB was choking, that was the bottleneck at that point... now we're back down to 5-10% usage, for both AI and MacNN forums.

not bad at all. I think, come expo time, it may slow down a bit, but not ever die completely.. We also may turn up flood contol during those times to force y'all into the chat room for real-time conversations.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not quite ... the load averages were around 0.8 through most of the initial launch, peaking at around 1.3. Both CPUs were idling at over 90%, peaking at 85% idle (in other words, less than 10% CPU usage on both CPUs, peaking at around 15%).

I think it handled admirably.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Gzl, are you planning on moving the user info to the left?
  • Reply 14 of 16

stupid telephone chain. i heard wrong
  • Reply 15 of 16
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    No color weirdness but they has been a slight slowdown.

Opera 5.12 Win98
  • Reply 16 of 16
    We turned on the "Deliberately Penalize Windows Users" feature

just kidding, of course.