Join Team AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Ok... I can't get the OS X RC5 client. I tried the download and all it does is unstuff some text files; the read me file said to "launch the client." But there was no client. Ok I'm confused. Can someone help me out?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    don't worry. it's very simple.

open up the terminal app.

then drag the file dnetc into the terminal window.

press enter and the program will open to the setup screen in the terminal. set it up and go.

Come on... show some support
  • Reply 3 of 12
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Better to join Team Macnn. They are competing for rank on the RC5 pages, they need help/
  • Reply 4 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>Better to join Team Macnn. They are competing for rank on the RC5 pages, they need help/</strong><hr></blockquote>

Team MacNN is evil. They have enough. Show some pride in your own forum/site.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

Team MacNN is evil. They have enough. Show some pride in your own forum/site.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but we are ranked at around 11,000. I'd rather be a part of a high-ranked Mac team. That's why I'm part of the MacAddict SETI team. #6 overall.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>

Yeah, but we are ranked at around 11,000. I'd rather be a part of a high-ranked Mac team. That's why I'm part of the MacAddict SETI team. #6 overall.</strong><hr></blockquote>

why? that ranking is not high at all.

so basically you are saying you are a front-runner
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Sorry, my allegiance is pledged to Team MacNN!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Too bad we all can't unify into team Apple or whatnot.

United we stand guys... the only way to take on Team Beef Roast and the Anandtech nerds is to stick together.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Too bad we all can't unify into team Apple or whatnot.

United we stand guys... the only way to take on Team Beef Roast and the Anandtech nerds is to stick together.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wish we could as well, but we had a discussion on MacNN about this, and we sort of figured it wouldn't work out for some reason or another.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]and we sort of figured it wouldn't work out for some reason or another.<hr></blockquote>

I love the clarity on that one.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>

I love the clarity on that one. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Great, isn't it?

Something about how Team MacAddict wouldn't really care for it because they outnumbered us twenty times over.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    JOIN