Anyone else able to like MacOS and Windows?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Am I a freak of nature for appreciating both?

I use OSX at work and love it. I use WindowsXP at home and love it.

Should I be locked away?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Yes
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Anyone who can *like* Windows is a freak of nature rat. That fact that you like OS X as well lessens your freakishness by a degree
  • Reply 3 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't really mind using Windows. I don't see what's so bad about it but I don't know if I would wanna use it all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I wouldn't say I "like" windows, but there are certain things that I appreciate. Contextual menus are one. I know, I know, there shouldn't be functions that are only accessible by mouse clicks, and all that usability nonsense, but their just plain nice. But all the crashing and rebooting for all kinds of things just kills any enjoyment of the OS for me.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    I dont mind windows to much. If i had to use it i would use Windows 2000, but i would want nothing to do with setting it up. If I had a machine with win2k running perfectly (or as close to perfect as windows can get) i really would not mind using it. Its just the weird little thinks i dont like about config, setup, update, install, etc.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I can use both operating systems equally well. I think only ill-informed, inexperienced zealots on either side would claim that the other is hideous or impossible to use.

No, I don't *like* Windows, but I do not dislike it.

Yes, you are a freak of nature...

and yes, you should be locked away...

but not because you like both OS's.