Jobs favorite company

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What company, Apple or Pixar, do you think Jobs pefers? I ask this because I once recieved a reply to a email from Jobs Pixar address. I found this kinda strange since I sent the email to his Apple address.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I don't know.. but what kind of toilet paper do you think he uses?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Sinewave:

<strong>I don't know.. but what kind of toilet paper do you think he uses? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Doesn't he have somebody wipe for him?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    To be honest ... Jobs doesn't generally take a very active role in Pixar from what I have read. He has used some strong arming when negotiating with Disney to keep Pixar's less politically savy lead artists and managers from getting taken as they were in the original agreements with Disney.

Otherwise from what I can tell he stays out of the way and chills in the limelight after the company's successes. I figure that is fair, he negotiates the deals that keep them on equal or better footing and bank rolls the whole affair.

For Apple - last quote I read by Jobs on his position at Apple was that he had once turned the company over to a moron [Sculley] and would never make the mistake again, instead saying he would be either CEO or Chairman of Apple forever.

In Apple Confidential the author quotes Jobs as saying that his priorities were as follows: his family, Apple, and Pixar in that order. Not sure if that was to depict his level of involvement or his preference.

Take this as you will.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by Sinewave:

<strong>I don't know.. but what kind of toilet paper do you think he uses? </strong><hr></blockquote>

He doesn't. He just relies on the sun that shines from within.

(Or perhaps he uses old Newton tech notes?)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Oh, God, that was funny. Quite a disturbing image, nothankyou!

Steve is the cult of personality at Apple. He tried to be that at Pixar, but the folks there have John Lasseter (sp?) for that, without quite the temper. One is relatively easy money, one is back-breaking, but he manages to make them both back-breaking.