Sears Price matching

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does sears offer in store price matching for web sites anymore? I want to get a sony TRV17, but buydig offers it for ~770.00 in stead of sears price of 1099.99. Anyone know?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Sears sucks anyway. Why would you actually want to buy anything from them anyway? What a joke of a store.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Don't expect them to match 'internet prices' unless buydig is a local establishment with the product in stock. Who knows though. In August I bought a $249 TDK VeloCD CD-RW for $149. Circuit City price-matched an insane price I found at CompUSA (online and in-store)
  • Reply 3 of 10
    joe ojoe o Posts: 32member
    I can answer this one since I am a lowly assistant manager at a Sears store...Sears policy regarding price matching is very simple. We will price match the exact same model with *any* store, even online. We just ask that you bring a printout of the final price with shipping. As long as it is not a "garage sale" or ebay-type auction site (these aren't really "stores"), we will match the final price with shipping. Lately, we've been price matching Nordictrak treadmills directly from Nordictrak's online store, for example.

Joe
  • Reply 4 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Seems very easy to change the price on a webpage, don't you think?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Seems very easy to change the price on a webpage, don't you think?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Especially with Omniweb. View source, make the change to the numbers you want, redisplay, print. Too bad they don't sell macs anymore. That would be really dishonest, though.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Seems very easy to change the price on a webpage, don't you think?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Really! They sell iMacs for $25 at outpost.com! I'm not fooling you!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Thanks Joe, I will see what the sears person says when I go to buy the camera.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by i am monkey:

<strong>

Really! They sell iMacs for $25 at outpost.com! I'm not fooling you!</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Well, we generally know what type of prices are sale prices, and what are "too good to be true" prices. If it looks too good to be true, then we'll check it out. We've got internet access at the stores. But, usually we just take the customer's word (Pricematching against local stores doesn't even require an advertisement or anything). As for the $25 iMac, pricematching doesn't apply to "clearance, closeout, or one-of-a-kind" offers.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

LOL </strong><hr></blockquote>

No, ROTFL!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: