Wide Screen Flat Panels Coming Soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When are the new wide flat panel displays coming out?

I would love a flat wide screen 17" or 19"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    yeah. i would too. i'd also like to get it for free. ya think that'll happen too? naw, you're right.... maybe at MWSF though.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Personally, I don't like wide-screens.

I mean, it'd be OK if the things were made to fit the widescreen movies perfectly... but they don't. They hnave to have those silly black rectanlges. Oh well.

Higher pixel density is the name of the game in my opinion. Give me a new Apple LCD that is 25" across and has a resolution of 3200 by 1800.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]Give me a new Apple LCD that is 25" across and has a resolution of 3200 by 1800.<hr></blockquote>

May I present to you...the IBM T221 with an Apple sticker!

• Reply 4 of 7
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Sony and I think Fujitsu have had wide format LCD consumer desktops for some time in Japan.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    macubusmacubus Posts: 95member
    Don't think they'll come out at MWNY, possibly San Fran in 03 but that might be stretching it. Who knows? They _are_ ramping up production majorly on LCDs. There could be an LCD boom lurking......
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    19 inch LCD iMac? I'll buy one the day of the announcement- regardless of price!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by macubus:

<strong>Don't think they'll come out at MWNY, possibly San Fran in 03 but that might be stretching it. Who knows? They _are_ ramping up production majorly on LCDs. There could be an LCD boom lurking...... </strong><hr></blockquote>

I think apple is clearing their lines for a new range of cinema displays. The 17" and 22" are being discounted and they rolled out the wider and denser 23" HD display.

This is what I see (read: want)

17" Cinema: widened 15" at 1280x768

19/20" Cinema: widened 17" at 1600x1024

23" Cinema HD: no change at 1920*1200

I dont see apple offering many more displays but esentially setting themselves up as the high-end display choice (ADC cinemas only).

Maybe even the (theoretical) 17" cinema will eventually make it to the iMac... soon... drooling... dreaming... doh, stupid reality reminding me of my stupid non-cinem...