Hey MURBOT, this thread is for you!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a PowerBook for sale. It is a lombard PowerBook with 320MB of RAM and the stock 4GB HD. Also comes with 2 power adapters. $750/offer. Interested?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    His heart is already devoted to the LCD iMac
  • Reply 2 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    HA!

Sorry G4Dude, I never buy used. Buy new and sell before an Expo, that's my style.

And you're right, Leonis, I'm planning on grabbing the top-dog iMac the second the Apple Store goes back online (after going down that morning)

I just shipped out my iBook and iPod this morning. I've got an extremely clean and organized desk and work area right now, just waiting for this iMac.

I've also got all this cold hard cash sitting here just waiting to be spent. It's all in brand new crisp fifties and hundreds... ahhhh I just love counting this stuff.....

(and no, I couldn't leave it in the bank. I have a wife. Enough said.)

• Reply 3 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

I just shipped out my iBook and iPod this morning. I've got an extremely clean and organized desk and work area right now, just waiting for this iMac.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yet you can still post here. What computer(s) do you use in your many periods of downtime, might I ask?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    [quote](and no, I couldn't leave it in the bank. I have a wife. Enough said.)

<hr></blockquote>

Excuse me, but i don't think it's your wife that has the compulsive buying disorder...

-robo
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Oh, she's pretty bad too... atleast her new shoes don't quite cost as much as a new iMac will...

I've got a kick-ass PC down in the other office. PII 300, 128 MB of RAM. 6 GB HD.... a real Mac killer.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on this POS for a little while. I have to admit though, it's a tough little bastard. I've had the hard drive set to never spin down for almost 3 years now. I have never turned it off since we got it.

I will replace it with an iMac when it dies... and I'm trying as hard as I can to kill it.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member

<strong>

I've got a kick-ass PC down in the other office. PII 300, 128 MB of RAM. 6 GB HD.... a real Mac killer.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sounds like my monster of a machine:

Pentium 200 w/ MMX (ooooohhh), 32MB RAM, 3GB HD, 33.6 Modem.

I only use it for printing to its laser printer and a few misc. other things. My roommates mostly use it for their internet and paper-writing.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Ours gets used for a customer list on MS Works (nice oxymoron), and for Simply Accounting.

And of course email and internet...

In all honesty, it's perfectly suitable for what we use it for. I have tried to encode MP3s though (at 96 kbps - the max I can without upgrading the software) and it's soooooooooo slow it's unreal!!

I still can't believe that this hard drive has been actively spinning for 3 years and 3 months, and it's still running fine. Damn. I'd love to replace it with a Mac...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    murbot, why'd you dump the iPod?

SdC
  • Reply 9 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>murbot, why'd you dump the iPod?

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why did you predict a power pod??

-Paul
  • Reply 10 of 13

<strong>I still can't believe that this hard drive has been actively spinning for 3 years and 3 months, and it's still running fine. Damn. I'd love to replace it with a Mac...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why don't you? Just install VPC5 and you've got Windows on your Mac running as fast as (if not faster than) your old PII 300.

Be warned, though, that VCP in X on a fairly new Mac is probably just about as slow as your old PII 300.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

Why did you predict a power pod??

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

are you answering my question?

SdC
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Nothing beats my craptastic PC in all it's $6,700 (in Nov. 1997) glory.

Pentium 2 (take that G4) 266mhz

32mb of EDO ram

6gb HD

It takes almost 7 minutes to boot. So this thing sits unloved and collecting dust in the basement.

-Y

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Ybot ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 13
    It's not my PC, it's the business computer, so we're stuck with it until it craps out.

Not really worth it to replace, since it does do what we want from it. The biggest workout it ever gets is a toss up between loading AI pages and rebooting.

And about the iPod - I just thought why not take advantage of the long (10 business day) wait from the Apple Store, and break even selling it. Around here anyway, they're very hard to come by.

If they revise it in some way (not that I think that will happen), or drop the price to $349 or something, I'm laughing. If not, I'll probably just get another one. Haven't really decided yet.

I might just need that money for Apple's new handheld.