Purchasing Question

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I need a computer for college. Should I get a Ti800 now, or wait until early August, the latest I could possibly get it? I am concerned about Apple adding bluetooth, better wireless, and having to pay for the 10.2 upgrade. On the other hand, there are some nice offers right now. What would you do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Welcome to AppleInsider.

Future Hardware is for speculation about what products Apple has in the pipeline, so I'm moving this to General Discussion, which is sort of a catch-all for Apple related discussion.

To answer your question: There's no harm in waiting as long as you can to purchase a computer, since they do tend to get better, but given that the TiBook was just updated I'm not expecting any major changes for another 6 months or so. Bluetooth and AirPort can be added to the current model (at least, eventually) and the academic price for 10.2 should be attractive - about $20, worst case. The major drawback to waiting is that Apple has a long record of delays shipping new PowerBook models, so if you postpone until the last minute you might find yourself getting through midterms with no 'Book.

So, if you can wait, wait. However, if you want a computer now, or if you want to make sure you have a computer at the start of next semester, by all means get the current TiBook. It can do everything you list, and it's a sweet machine. It should tide you over nicely.

[ 06-07-2002: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>