Why do people use PCs ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
because the sense of elation they get when finaly getting something to work is greater than the frustration that it didn't work in the first place.

We are spoiled.

Macs WORK.

We maybe only 5 per cent, but we're the top 5 per cent.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Reasons to use PC:

1) FAST

2) CHEAP

These are the things that Macs don't have

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    True (to a point) Leonis, but as long as they run Windows software, I think I'll stick to my slow, expensive Macs, thankyaverymuch.

• Reply 3 of 13
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    1) FAST

2) CHEAP

3) Nasty!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Because they love SCREAMING at inanimate objects.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Oh, yeah! And let us not forget about the buttload of software and games the Wintel market enjoys.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Don't forget they are fast and cheap.

Also you can get support for 3 year old computers. Something Apple can't do.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Fast, cheap. More like crap you sheep. and totaly un original. You know MicroSlosh is suddenly hard at work porting the code for iPhoto over so they have something to base their new unwritten, and unreleased photo software on.

It's too bad their OS sucks.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>True (to a point) Leonis, but as long as they run Windows software, I think I'll stick to my slow, expensive Macs, thankyaverymuch.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep. Me too.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    fast ==&gt; inelegant

cheap ==&gt; up-front, that is

Why do all these spoiled whiney self-pitying children please put themselves out of their own misery?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Don't get the topic? I use my PowerPC every day for graphics, web design, surfing, email.

• Reply 11 of 13
    You know some people actually DO get work done using Windows machines.

In fact, some people actually use BOTH!

I say, use the best machine for the job. For many jobs, that's one of my Macs, but sometimes you need access to specific hardware or software that only runs on Windows (Virtual PC is not always an option).

Sometimes, hard though it may be to believe, a given program actually runs better and faster on a state of the art PC, than it does on a state of the art Mac.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Macs and get most of my important work done using a Mac. But it's overly simplistic to say "All PCs suck! Windows users are morons!"
  • Reply 11 of 13
    ...they don't know better.

Macs are like cars. Your PC is a Chevy while the Mac is the Mercedes.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    You can choose your own hardware, choose your own OS, and you won't get threatend with a lawsuit if you try to create a theme making app. Microsoft won't send you a firmware update to prevent you from upgrading. Also, PCs are faster, less expensive, very reliable if you avoid the cheapo Compaq/eMachines lines and you have more control over your computer than you do with a Mac.