Baby Jack

sebseb
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The new iPhoto ad called, <a href="http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/iphoto_babyjack.html"; target="_blank">"Baby Jack"</a>, is available at Apple's website.

What do you all think of it? When I first saw it during the keynote stream I was almost creeped out at first (fresh babies kinda creep my out, not blood or guts, just fresh babies) but its pretty cool after that. Shows lots of the iBook and the Apple logo, not a whole lot about what iPhoto actually does, but hey, this IS Apple.

edit: upon watching it a couple more times, I guess it does a better job showing some of what iPhoto does than I thought. Pretty good commercial.

At least, with the iCommercials, they are showing the stuff you can do with a Mac. Now they just need to show them more often. Much more often.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: seb ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think it's one of the better commercials Apple's had recently.
  • Reply 1 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    This is much better than that silly iPod commercial
  • Reply 3 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'm very impressed with that commercial! Really cool, and it actually shows a little of the app actually being used!

Great commercial.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I concur; Baby Jack is one of Apple's better commercials.

My only question: why the hell isn't Apple advertising the iMac? I hope they'll make at least one commercial when it starts to ship in quantity. Otherwise Apple doesn't stand much of a chance to sell very many.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    That ad diddnt feel "Apple." Now the Indigo, Ruby, Sage, Snow iMac, now that is Apple. One thing that those old iMac ads missed was the specs, talk about the computer with a voice over. The Baby Jack ad was a joke, sure it talked about iPhoto but it was unoriginal so PC. Does anyone rember e-trades commercials, that is the first thing I thought about when i saw this esspecialy the "wazoo" one. Apple needs to go back to Apple. No werido jumping around with an iPod, no lady in a deilevry room, no visulization ads, concert was okay. But they need to go back to Apple.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    does anyone else share my opion??
  • Reply 7 of 13
    does anyone else share my opion??
  • Reply 8 of 13
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Apple Man- I'll hazard a guess not many people share your opinion. There's been quite a call around here for Apple to show it's products doing stuff.

I myself miss the Jeff Golblum style ads, though. That "There is no step three" ad was the final factor in me making an iMac my first computer.

I like Baby Jack.

At the rate the baby grows, though, it's gonna pull a Chrissy from Growing Pains and go from baby to kindergartener in one Summer!

Jeff

(Note to self-Hardly anyone here is old enough to appreciate a Growing Pains reference)
  • Reply 9 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Apple Man:

<strong>does anyone else share my opion??</strong><hr></blockquote>

No. You killed the subject

Seriously tho, Apple's commecials need to show what you can DO WITH the computer rather then focusing on the actual computer and specs. Apple needs to differenciate (sp?) themselves from the regular PC maker. The only way to do that is to offer somthing that PC desktops can't. And that would be iApps + iDevices (well only iPod so far, but there will be more). Sure, Apple's design is great and it attracts people's intrest in the platform, but the bottom line is people will only shell out the money when they see what they can do with the computer.

To put it another way, it is a lot like realationships. (Not that I know much of anyhing about it, compared to some of the older people on the board) The attraction starts with the looks, but you stay because there is something more (No, i'm not saying that you use your partners like you use your computers, or that you have relationships with your computers for that matter... Just that there is something MORE then looks that keep you there...) That is what Apple needs to show... The something more (which in this case happen to be the iApps) is what the selling point is and what should be emphasized.

-Paul
  • Reply 10 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>(Note to self-Hardly anyone here is old enough to appreciate a Growing Pains reference)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am only 17 and I know about growing pains, I dont recal when he was in kindergarden tho, let alone a child. HS is all I can remember

Edit: HS was weird back then

Edit2: Just realized I think that chrissy wasnt the main character.... and I completely forgot the guy's name. But I still rememeber the show... Odd...

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Speaking of old TV shows. What show had that geinous a doctor where he wrote like a journal entry on his comp at the end of each episode?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>Apple Man- I'll hazard a guess not many people share your opinion. There's been quite a call around here for Apple to show it's products doing stuff.

I myself miss the Jeff Golblum style ads, though. That "There is no step three" ad was the final factor in me making an iMac my first computer.

I like Baby Jack.

At the rate the baby grows, though, it's gonna pull a Chrissy from Growing Pains and go from baby to kindergartener in one Summer!

Jeff

(Note to self-Hardly anyone here is old enough to appreciate a Growing Pains reference)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree we need to show what the mac can do,

but not with a person in a delevery room. Also i forgot what was with that mac.com wtf was with that ad. Apple needs to show what they can do, but with style.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    psantora-we're venturing off topic, but I think the doctor show you're thinking of was Doogie Howser, MD.

Chrissy was Mike, Ben and Carol's little sister. She was born at the end of one season and inexplicably 5 years old at the start of the next.

Jeff