Will you whiners shut up?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am probably a minority (maybe .5% of the people here) when I say this, but I am sick and tired of all the BS whine threads I see on AI.

Oh No! Apple did not release new powermacs at MWSF! Boo Hoo...

Just chill out! Give Apple time, do you really think they would announce something that would divert attention from the new iMac? NO! If you want a better powermac just wait for a couple of months, would it kill you? I waited 4 years for a new iMac, and now it is very awesome. Apple is not a stupid company, and they will deliver. What do you want now a 1 ghz g4, or in a couple of months (maybe) a 1.6 ghz g4 or (highly unlikely) a G5. I view no new PM at MWSF as a good thing, it gives Apple time to prep. there products. Apple will always have it's high's and lows (would anyone here like to go back to '95???) but it gets through them. As for those of you who keep saying "If apple does not release a G5, I'm buying a PC..." Why don't you just go buy one ??? Stop filling up the boards with your crap! Just leave the freaking platform! As for the G5's, WTF ? Developing a chip that will blow almost anything out of the water will take time. You people buy into the rumors way to much.

To sum up my rant for you whiners:

1. Suck it up and wait a few months

2. Just go and buy a d*mn pc, and take your complaints off this board.

Thank you, have a nice day

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Again....gotta bring this up

Many people (including myself) feel mad after the keynote wasn't entirely based on the lack of PM. It was mainly because of the hype they made.

They were hyping the expo like no tomorrow and people started to have really high hope. But they couldn't deliver........

Really. I have never been this mad before. I am still trying to calm myself down. I need some serious therapy

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't really like it either, but instead of complaining why not just leave AI?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    I read somewhere today that Apple HAD to do some of their own promoing of the event due to tying up with TIME Magazine... dunno if it makes sense.

Just my 2c
  • Reply 4 of 9
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    Hey , as a consumer type person, I thought the show was great. What's the point of them announcing 5 bazillion dollar items that i can never afford or justify. I waste enough money on macs without going for the big ticket items. It sounds like you're just pissed cause this time there was nothing you're interested in. Grow up, get a life and let the rest of us enjoy the moment. Do the rest of us whine like babies when they upgrade the Powermacs and and speed bump the iMacs. Get a little perspective on things. It's not all about you, guy.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Apple hyped this thing like it was Daikatana.

If people are dissapointed, then it's their fault. Not ours.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Simple point here.

- Apple Created their own hype.

- Apple Lived up to their own hype.

- People took Apple's hype, added it to rumor sites, and to their own expectations.

- People are pissed because Apple didn't live up to their own expectations.

There is a huge difference here. In Apple's terms (relative to themselves only, as a company) the hype was justified and they did deliver. The iMac is what "saved Apple". The iMac with the new "digital hub" is part of the core of Apple (pardon the pun). Completely redoing their key product is a very big deal to them. Now, as a Pro user, the new iMac is not as important to you as a New PowerMac. Just keep in mind that the significance of these products is all relative to the party looking at them.

Apple is not a stupid company, it doesn't take many brain cells to see that the iMac is very close to the PowerMac in specs. Do you really think Apple is just going to let that slide along for the next 6-8 months???
  • Reply 7 of 9
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    exactly what i was going to day dogcow. thank you. i totally agree.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    I was very happy with the keynote. The new iMac is a freaken dream. I could care less about the PowerMac, since unless the G5 comes quicker than Sylvia Saint, a high end PC will walk all over it, for half the price. The new iMac on the other hand has so much freaken personality and power for the $ for a mac that it makes me giddy.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Say what you want but Apple Wrote Checks their ass couldn't cover. They ARE starting to sound like the boy that cried wolf or they are starting to become delusional about what consumers view as Revolutionary. The whiners on these boards have every right to voice their satisfaction. Imagine if you had to cancel your flight plans and pay fees to make the rescheduled Keynote...those people should be livid. We all know that Apple will be coming out with updated Powermacs but

A. Wallstreet doesn't care about what you plan to come up with in the coming months..it's always been what have you done for me lately. Consumers are no different.

B. Apple should have learned after calling the iPod Revolutionary that it's users expect a little more when the "R" word is trotted out.

C. MWNY 2001 was a debacle and this MYSF didn't do much to make some forget.

D. Intel and AMD announced new 2.2Ghz and 1.67Ghz process respectively while the processor news from Apple was deafeningly silent.

C. EVERYONE is cutting back because of the recession and Apple needs to focus on updating their product line and offering concrete deliverable...shipping the low end iMac II in March is not good.

D. Secrecy is a Double Edged sword...Apple benefits from it but it can also come back to draw blood. They need to minimize the blood loss.

With that in mind, I myself think Apple has done a great job with the iMac and iPhot. I don't think enough was put on the plate but I will be patient as I have no choice. I think it's time to add Messenging service to the Digital Hub. It doesn't matter that AOL, MSN and Yahoo all have messenger. Apple needs to create one with that Apple flair and them push for an open Protocol that the IM's can all link to each other. Let people choose on features for their IM client but don't lock us into just one.

HM