Digital Lifestyle

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The new iMac seems perfect for those who r into the digital lifestyle. I'd get one if i wasn't already so entrenched in the geek lifestyle (i need multiple disks, 2 monitors etc). So I suppose the new iMac isn't really aimed at me, but for those that it is aimed for, it'd be great if Apple bundled an iPod with it to compliment the digital lifestyle with a mobile component.

And since the iPod is such an integral part of Apple's digital/mobile lifestyle i think it needs funking up. As it is it looks simple and minimalistic, which is good but can look way cooler, something like:

And since the iMac is the digital hub, wouldn't it be great if it could integrate with other internet appliances (like from LG). Imagine controlling fridges and aircons from your comp...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    FYI, the ability to control your refridgerator or other appliances does not support Apple's concept of the digital hub at all. What does you fridge have to do with computing? Nothing! That's like saying Apple should integrate TV into the iMac...

BTW, could you explain just what the heck that is in your pic? :confused: I see that the square is a walkman, but what's the silver "tube" above it? That looks like it wouldn't be a very secure way of hooking up headphones...

Remember, the "silver" look (like in your example) is for Apple's pro machines.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>FYI, the ability to control your refridgerator or other appliances does not support Apple's concept of the digital hub at all. What does you fridge have to do with computing? Nothing! That's like saying Apple should integrate TV into the iMac...

BTW, could you explain just what the heck that is in your pic? :confused: I see that the square is a walkman, but what's the silver "tube" above it? That looks like it wouldn't be a very secure way of hooking up headphones...

Remember, the "silver" look (like in your example) is for Apple's pro machines.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't take my examples so literally, a fridge is one of many possible internet appliances. eg i can remotely configure my appliances thru my comp, say turn on the aircon from work so when i get home its cool already, and turn down the fridge to defrost the meat etc... the possibilities are there and i would't mind such conveniences included into my digital life.

that silver tube thing u r talking about is a cool controller i'd like to see the iPod come with. it controls volume, songs etc. iPod sits in pocket, controller clips to the waist within reach - nice, convenient and cool stuff. Don't take the pic too literally, i wasn't suggesting a silver iPod, but an ice blue back lit screen and maybe a titanium coloured iPod (TiPod?) would rock - and whats wrong with a TiPod? don't tell me pros don't use iPods

and btw my friend has one of these sony MD players and the headphones plug into the controller very securely...

anyone with photoshop and some spare time wanna enlighten us with a TiPod with an inline controller?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Bob Sacramento ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    We want refriderators that keep the cold stuff cold and the frozen stuff frozen. We don't care about Automating the items that are best served by Human Intervention. Too much technology is just a Customer Support call away from frustration.

We want MP3 Servers that easily integrate into our lifestyle...we're tired of CD's taking up precious wallspace with their considerable heft. We want instant access to our Songs and Movies...once we all have braved the daily commute home..time is of essence...we don't want to fart around sifting through Jewel boxes.

We want cameras that take great photos and interface to our computers easily. We want Camcorders that FOCUS on taking MOVING pictures and not trying to convince us that we should be taking crappy photos when our 300.00 Digicam pummels it in quality.

We want Speakers designed for an ACTUAL living room and not some 6ft behomoth that requires 500 watts per channel of amplification. We want smartly desinged products...if we are to cram 8 speakers in a Living Room...at least make them presentable.

We want affordable music ...SACD?? DVD Audio...consider them permanent niche products. The consumer has spoken. MP3 is good enough...we will NOT pay 24.95 for the benefits of HiDef.

We want Broadband that doesn't crap out 5 times a day making us wince in pain with yet another call to Cust support who will blame everyone else but themselves. We want streaming that doesn't SUCK. We want products that truly live up to the HYPE and make our lives easier...more enjoyable and comforting.

The Consumer has spoken...it's up to the Manufacturers to listen.

HM