Printer has it all wrong...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Wow, I had something really weird happen to me yesterday. (actually a good thing, becuase I found a great deal elsewhere and have time to spruce my design up for full color...)

Anyway, I go into this printer that we've used in the past for business cards, letterhead, etc. Pretty big place.

I go up to the counter with a CD-R of a business card I made in Illustrator, and ask if they can work with it to print my cards.

"Mac? Oh no, we don't use Mac."

:eek:

I kind of stare at her blankly... this big printer doesn't use Macs. Ok....

I notice a B&W G3 tower sitting not 20 feet away beside a desk, with an Apple 21" CRT.

"You mean you can't use that there?" I say, motioning to the tower.

"Oh, that's just a server."

Now I don't pretend to know exactly how these places run, but I could have sworn things worked the other way around.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    That is rather odd.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Pretty weird.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sounds to me like she just runs the register and assists customers with questions. She gave the classic "I work here but I know nothing about computers, so I'll just give you my standard line" type of answer. Just a server my arse.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    Uhm, like sometimes, when its cold out, I like shutdown the Windows, cause uhm, otherwise, it like, you uhm, get a draft.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Nope. I know this lady is one of the owners, and she's been there for atleast 4 years that I know of.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean she couldn't be a complete retard.

(Nice post BTW Bogie. )
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    So they're running a bunch of PC's off of a Mac server running which software again? And this is a good idea how? And they can't put programs that they could output from on the Mac cause why?

I'd ask her what's up. If she can't sort it out, maybe find a new printer...

Seriously, this just does not compute.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: seb ]</p>