iPhone 6c with larger screen than flagship iphone 6

Posted:
in iPhone edited April 2014

A little bird.

has told me...that :

 

Apple is readying a strategy to trivialise big screens.

 

The iPhone 6C will have a bigger screen than the iphone 6.

- It will be plastic still.

- it will be harder to use with one hand.

- It will be almost identical to iphone 5s in specs but no Apple ID sensor.

- It will be competing with Samsung flagship ( spec by spec)

 

In contrast iPhone 6 will have :

 

- 4.7 inch screen

- New processor 

- New camera

- New form factor.

- New "surprise function" ??

 

This way Apple is going to prove that "more screen size is less phone", but still better than any Android phone.

 

iPhone 6 will be the real de facto standard and the biggest and better flagship phone in the world.

 

Point proven.

Clever.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

    The iPhone 6C will have a bigger screen than the iphone 6.

    iPhone 6 will have : - 4.7 inch screen


     

    If this, then this:

     

     - it will be harder to use with one hand.


     

    Is ‘impossible’, not harder.

     
    - It will be almost identical to iphone 5s in specs but no Apple ID sensor.

    - It will be competing with Samsung flagship ( spec by spec)


     

    I buy this 0%.

     

    This way Apple is going to prove that "more screen size is less phone", but still better than any Android phone.


     

    Hilarious in theory, stupid in practice. Why waste billions on a product designed not to sell? Just don’t make the product.

  • Reply 2 of 10

    Why will it not sell ?

    Big phones don't sell ? of course they do.

    They just sell to an focused audience on "bigger is better"

     

    The dissociation of screen size and quality will still be present if the iPhone 6 is more powerful than 6c , despite having a smaller but perfectly usable screen.

    This way the bigger screen will be less usable, less performant but still a full fledged BIG iPhone.

     

    You have notebooks with bigger screen than 15 inch, more storage options than MAcBook Air. Its just applying the Air concept to iPhone but not changing the name.

    5C didn't sell because its a iphone 5 with plastic. This will not be a iPhone 5s with plastic . It will be a Iphone 5s with a bigger screen.

     

     

    i don't see your point...

  • Reply 3 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

    Big phones don't sell ? of course they do. They just sell to an focused audience on "bigger is better"

     

    Apple isn’t a niche company.

     

    You have notebooks with bigger screen than 15 inch, more storage options than MAcBook Air. Its just applying the Air concept to iPhone but not changing the name.


     

    No, not really. That’s not a valid analogy. Apple doesn’t have a large product worse than a small one.

     

    5C didn't sell because its a iphone 5 with plastic.


     

    Except it sold better than the 4S.

     



    This will not be a iPhone 5s with plastic.


     

    Uh…

     


    The iPhone 6C… …will be plastic still.


     

    And,

     

    It will be a Iphone 5s with a bigger screen.


     

    So plastic AND unusably sized. 

  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Quote:


    Apple isn’t a niche company.


     

    niche ? What your point ? why niche ?  Having 2 iPhones with different screen sizes makes it niche ? ?

     

    Quote:


    No, not really. That’s not a valid analogy. Apple doesn’t have a large product worse than a small one.


     

    Didn't say worse. You're the one who is stuck with "a bigger iPhone must be a flagship product". And you keep referring to big and small as the diferenciator.

     

    Quote:


    Except it sold better than the 4S.


     

    My point exactly. The lesser quality sold more because has bigger screen ( than 4s ) . Still the 5s was the flagship ( more features same screen ). Can you see the strategy here ?

     

     

     

    Uh…

     

    Quote:


    :-)


     

    And,

     

    Quote:


    So plastic AND unusably sized. 


     

    Yes. plastic and big. If you don't believe there will be a 5.5 inch iPhone thats your problem.


  • Reply 5 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post




     niche ? What your point ? why niche ?  Having 2 iPhones with different screen sizes makes it niche ? ?




    Less than 10% of Android phones are larger than the iPhone.

     

    Didn't say worse.


     

    Explicitly said that. Last year’s hardware. Even missing last year’s features. Explicitly worse.

     

    The lesser quality sold more because has bigger screen


     

    Nope, that can’t be said.

     

    Can you see the strategy here ?


     

    Nope, because it’s not what you’re proposing.

     

    If you don't believe there will be a 5.5 inch iPhone thats your problem. 


     

    Look at all that proof you’ve shown!

  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post
     



    Quote:

    Less than 10% of Android phones are larger than the iPhone.


    Evidence?

     

    Quote:

    Explicitly said that. Last year’s hardware. Even missing last year’s features. Explicitly worse.




     

    Quote:


    Nope, that can’t be said.

     

    Nope, because it’s not what you’re proposing.



    Ok.  You are skeptic 

     

    Quote:

    Look at all that proof you’ve shown!


    The proof is in the leaked images so far.


  • Reply 7 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

    Evidence?

     

    Use stats and sales numbers, of course.

     

    Ok.  You are skeptic  


     

    Because you have absolutely no way to prove your assertion, nor any evidence backing it.

     

     The proof is in the leaked images so far.


     

    Oh, yes. I’m certain that the following products existed at any time for any reason:

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

  • Reply 8 of 10

    Ok.

    You use the fake leaked images for all products dating from the stone age until now.

    and yes I have no proof what I said will happen.

    It makes sense, IF Apple produces a larger than 5,1 inch iPhone,( which some sources with past repution in uncovering POSSIBLE Apple products that turned into reality)  this product will not be called  the flagship product ( much as the iPad mini Retina or not ) pales in comparison and numbers to the iPadf Air which is still the flagship product.

    So the fact remais that IF Apple is going to release a stop gap product lime the iPAd mini is , in the iPhone line it will be like the "small tablets" a stop gap product.

    Since the 1st "stop gap" product in the iPhone Line , the 5C, didn't sell AS MUCH as expected. it makes sense that  what i Said in the first post.

    Apple will make a phablet , but the real flagship will be the iPhone 6. 

  • Reply 9 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

    IF Apple produces a larger than 5,1 inch iPhone… …this product will not be called the flagship…




    And your reason to believe this is what, exactly?

     

    …much as the iPad mini Retina or not ) pales in comparison and numbers to the iPadf Air…


     

    Guess which one is the big model.

     
    Since the 1st "stop gap" product in the iPhone Line , the 5C, didn't sell AS MUCH as expected.

     

    What on Earth is ‘stopgap’ about the 5C?

  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:




    And your reason to believe this is what, exactly?


    Because a Phablet is unusable as a smartphone ?

    Quote:


    Guess which one is the big model.


    You didn't read my post . iPad is the flagship product and mini is the stopgap product. 

     

    Quote:


    What on Earth is ‘stopgap’ about the 5C?


    It was supposed to be an entry model as to replace the 4s. Here the "gap" was low price, NOT one of Apple's concerns.

    The "gap" now is phablet screens. Again an opportunity to produce a "stopgap" product and trivialise it, as much as the 5s still is the flagship product and more expensive than the 5C.


Sign In or Register to comment.